Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks UK Forum

Old 06-30-2016, 07:36 AM

Angry Quickbooks Update R7P Issues - please read

Hi Folks, I hope that you are all well, it has been years since posting on here - I upgraded to Premier Accountant 2012 back in 2011 and stuck with it until last month - and wish I hadn't.

On 24/06/2016 all 5 users automatically downloaded release R7P which addressed some security issues, it all seemed very unimportant from an end user perspective, how wrong I was.

After updating, I realised that the search function wasn't working, so rang technical support. They spent a couple of hours remotely accessing my system, uninstalling and reinstalling, but couldn't sort the issue. The techie then spoke to a colleague who advised that the search function had been disabled due to a security issue and they didn't know when the next release to re-enable it would be rolled out!

We use QB as the underpinnings of our business - for estimating, purchasing, it is the single focal point. For the search to not work is catastrophic for us.

As an aside, another change from R7P is that you are now forced to change your password to log into the company file every 90 days. This is something that you are forced to do. I don't know about you, but I am perfectly capable of administering my QB passwords - I have done this unassisted for 20 years and I certainly don't need Intuit forcing me to change my password, with no facility of opting out. As an aside, your logon password is now separate to your closing date password!!!

I have spoken to Intuit today and there is no facility for me to revert to my old QB in which the search worked fine without losing all data input since 'upgrade' which is thousands of transactions. They cannot even roll me back to R6P without losing the last weeks transactions.

I cannot believe that they have done this, which brings me to my point. They need to at least sort out the search immediately. I have created an account and started tweeting as @QuickbooksusrUK to force them to do this. If this is affecting you, please start following me and retweeting to get this resolved as soon as possible. They only started sitting up and taking notice when I took to social media. If enough of us get on their case, this will obviously help get them to sort it out.