Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > Premier Nonprofit Edition Forum

Old 09-15-2016, 08:38 AM

Question PTA/PTO chart of accounts

I am the new treasurer for our PTA. Previously everything was done on paper and I am switching everything over to the computer. I have been using my copy of Quicken and it has worked okay. We recently made the decision to go with Quickbooks 2016 Premiere Non-profit--especially since it will help with the 990.

I have searched for a chart of accounts (COA) for a PTA and I've not really found anything. I have review the UCOA v. 3.0 and think I can convert our current budget/funds to QB. Does anyone have a COA that they are willing to share or provide directions?
Old 09-16-2016, 11:52 AM

See http://www.ptotoday.com/filesharing/...t-group-budget Download the Excel spreadsheet, assign account numbers and tweak as needed to fit your group's special needs. Add appropriate accounts for the equity section. Then using the Excel chart of accounts, manually enter the accounts into QuickBooks.

The UCOA is excellent but is probably much more complex than you will possibly use, especially if you are filing on the 990 postcard or 990 EZ. The reports in QuickBooks Premier will need major modification in the equity section if your group will need GAAP-compliant financials.

Last edited by Lorin Browning; 09-16-2016 at 11:59 AM.