Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > Suggestion Box

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 08:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to JTAlves Send a message via Yahoo to JTAlves
Report and export of bill detail

On some bills I enter portions of the bill through out the month and then get a summary invoice from the vendor at the end of the month,

For instance we have a vendor that does printing for us and bills us at the end of the month for all charges that occurred during the month. For each printing order he gives us a "charge slip" for the cost of that print job. Those charges then become reimbursable items for invoicing to our customers. There could be hundreds of these charges in a month.

When I get the consolidated or summary invoice at the end of the month the total that I have for the bill rarely matches the invoice total - mostly because I have entered a charge that was later reversed and I didn't know that, I entered an amount incorrectly, I never got a charge slip on a print order, etc.

When the total s don't agree I need to match the charges I entered during the month against what is on the invoice. A painstaking task to do visually. If I could export the bill data to excel I could then sort it by job number or amount, sort the data on the invoice the same way and do a quick compare! Would take me 5 minutes rather than the hour+ it takes me now,
Old 02-09-2008, 06:35 AM

If you use the Custom Transaction Detail report and modify it. In Columns to display, uncheck name and check Source Name. You can also check Item to see the individual items. Click Filter and set Account=All, Transaction=Bill, Detail Level=All except summary. Set teh date range and run it. The report will list all of the billed information by Customer:job. The source name is the vendor the bill is from.