Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > Suggestion Box

Old 06-08-2010, 07:46 PM

Angry Quickbooks Tech Support Stinks

3 months ago I purchased Quickbooks Pro 2010. Today I called for a general support question. I was quickly told I would have to pay $79 to get my question answered and would have to sign up for a service plan. I am furious! You pay $300 for a program and don't get any Tech Support? I believe that this is another case of big business trying to chard rediculous fees to drive the small businessman out of business so they can prey on their next victim. I could not even speak with anyone from this country. Now I cannot get the program I paid good money for to work properly unless I bow to big corporate and pay their fee, which I will not do! I will not recommend this program to anyone.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:52 AM

Alternatively, try posing your questions here.

It is a testament to how good Intuit's programs are that so many of its users still prefer it, despite the weakness of its customer support.
Accounting and bookkeeping support, QuickBooks Pro Advisor
Home and small business computer services in Northampton, UK
Old 06-16-2010, 11:59 AM

I have been trying to get the "fully compatible with Windows 7" version 2010 Premium installed for 2 days. I eventually did get in touch with a helpful gentleman from India (New Delhi), a fairly pleasant experience as we could actually communicate without having to repeat ourselves numerous times to overcome the usual thick Indian accent. After an elaborate process of running this and that setup files it was finally installed, well, almost. Now I was told I had to "repair" the installation which we did, sort of. I'm not sure if the problem with 2010 is due to not being fully compatible with Windows 7 as advertised or Windows 7, neither of which I am a fan of as this moment. Windows7& reminds me of an all knowing government that truly believes it knows better than you what is best for you. Enough said about that.

I purchased the QB Premium software at a large retailer only to discover later that Intuit has a special set of insults and hassles to levy toward customers who buy from retail outlets. These hassles and insults are in addition to the fellacious statement version 2010 Premium is "fully compatible with Windows 7", which it is NOT, at least as far as getting it installed. Ok, I decided to grin and bear this additional authorization frustration too. When I finally got a hold of another pleasant gentleman from India, this time with an incredibly thick accent, I was told their server was down and I would have to call back to get an authorization. I have now called back 3 times over the last 18 hours with the same result. I'm sorry, but as long as we have a free market with competing software, I refuse to beg, gravel and plead to attempt to use someone's product.

I have learned, from far too many years of experience, that when a relationship gets off to such a terribly one sided start, it usually ends worse. Therefore, I am returning this software to the retailer for a refund as "unusable" and a threat to my peace of mind and sense of justice. Maybe Intuit is too big to fail but I will not contribute another cent to making it any bigger. I refuse to dive into the Quickbooks hades where others are trapped, seemingly forever. I don't believe I have ever had such a frustrating time trying to deal with an entity except for possibly the government. I can't shake the government but I can shake QB and am doing so as of right now.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappy View Post
Quickbooks Tech Support Stinks
I could not agree more. Intuit is awful.

I am an accountant (think Certified Pain in the Ass)

I don't like Inuit's Corporate tax programs either -- not worth all the extra $$$$.

I have tried more than one tax, accounting & financial softwares -- all of which are less expensive than Intuit products. But their tech support is always better than intuit!!!

I don't know that QB is necessarily better than other accounting softwares. But i do know that it is the standard in my industry and i'd be foolish to refuse QB users. (i've had other people come to me with grocery bags full of receipts wanting a corporate tax return)

Thanks for posting up this topic. As my clients certainly don't want to hear me bitching about Intuit.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:53 PM

Thumbs down

Follow up. I just uninstalled QB and was asked in a pop up window if I would like to explain why I wanted to uninstall it. I responded yes, and ironically, the web page for the response failed to load. I see a pattern here, utter failure with customer service and function. Not much else to screw up so they are probably nearing some sort of paradigm shift in their business model as customers (or lack thereof) will cause it one way or another.

Anyway, the retailer, much to their credit and in contradiction to their policy of not accepting returns for opened software, gave us a full refund without too much hassle. Other than the a colossal waste of my valuable time trying to use QB I can walk away now without any financial damage done and an understanding of what company to avoid like the bubonic plague in the future.

My suggestion to Intuit is to start making the experience your customers have with your product, customer service and related items a pleasant and hassle free one. It seems you have created one frustration after another, at least for a new user. For the record, I also just downloaded and installed a competing product that has the same features, or very close, without problem one and it was half the cost of the QB Premium 2010.

Good luck, you'll need plenty of it.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:09 PM

Right now i have two windows open. This one where we're complaining about Quickbooks/Inuit. Then another window is QB Online making apology to it's customers because none of us have been able to access our QB Accounting records all day. It's now 3pm here on the east coast. QB Online has been down since 11 pm or 12 pm last night.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Fully agree with these complaints there is no support at all from intuit that is why these forums exist and these are helpful we pay a yearly fee and still have to pay $4.00 something a minute for help this is revenu raising and it stinks. also suggestions seem to ignored totally, also why did it take so long for the bas to work properly how long has gst been with us

wendy
Old 08-03-2010, 12:06 PM

I'll post my thoughts as well, while I do not like the company (Intuit), I do like Quickbooks. I think it is far better than any other small business accounting software in the market today.
I agree that it is not right to pay extra for Intuit support, but you will find this is the same for most other software, have you tried calling Microsoft lately for support?

I feel there are enough certified or non-certified experts using quickbooks that can help with most issues the average user will have. Any errors or data corruptions should really be handled by Intuit, where they fault.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:29 PM

I contacted Tech Support this past month regarding file conversion from online to desktop. See my other post. Contacting tech support was a nightmare. Up to six transfers, the call went around the globe few times, from desktop support to online to conversion team, from level one to level two to level three. Till this day I have no answers. I was given contradicting answers, some of which I know not to be true.
I have actually sent a letter of complaint to Intuit regarding the issue. It's just not right. Overall, I like QuickBooks a lot, and it seems that if you stay within a version, and not try to convert your files, it works well.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:45 PM

ok, so to be fair I finally got to a quickbooks online rep who spent hours analyzing my file, explaining differences, and searching for solutions. If you do have a problem, and can articulate it, and cannot get an answer from lower tier techs, write letter to Intuit Headquarters. All the letters of complaint go to the President's office. I followed up on mine (no they did not get back to me), and I actually got a person dedicated to my case.
Do I wish it was a faster process? You bet. But I am glad to know that there are great people in the tech support department who are able to help.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM

Exclamation India calling

its QB of saving money. I spent 40 minutes waiting in total.
I refuse after 10 minutes.
good program, but when you need off shore help to save money.