Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > Suggestion Box

Old 11-11-2010, 05:39 PM

Credits on payment stubs

I would love to have ALL credits and invoices used print out on the check stubs and payment stubs, even if it does zero it out. It's very time consuming to have to go back and print a history at each credit. Not to mention, how is the vendor supposed to know which invoices you paid and what credits you used without something sent to them. I think havint to leave a penny balance at least on all the transactions to get it to print is a pain, with as much as Quickbooks can do, it should be able to perform this task as well
Old 11-11-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appletrees View Post
I would love to have ALL credits and invoices used print out on the check stubs and payment stubs, even if it does zero it out. It's very time consuming to have to go back and print a history at each credit. Not to mention, how is the vendor supposed to know which invoices you paid and what credits you used without something sent to them. I think having to leave a penny balance at least on all the transactions to get it to print is a pain, with as much as Quickbooks can do, it should be able to perform this task as well
I completely agree, but it is the only way it seems to work, but you only have to leave that penny if the credit note is greater than the invoice you apply it to.

I also don't like the fact that you have to "apply" a credit to a supplier bill.

The "Pay Bills" function should have the invoices and credit note all listed on the same screen, so you can us a credit as a part of a payment to the vendor as apposed to having to "apply" a credit to an individual suppliers bill.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM

credits appearing on check stub

I have been a user of quickbooks since its inception. Earlier versions had an automatic provision showing all applied credits appearing on a check stub even if there was a zero balance. Since this feature was eliminated I have had numerous problems with vendors on how credits have been applied. It would seem to be an easy fix to restore a feature that was incorporated into earlier versions of quickbooks.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:04 PM

Yes, this should be a simple thing so why don't they bring it back? I just had to do this to five of my vendors. I was reconciling their statement and new I had taken the credits. This is very time consuming.

Please bring it back.