Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Australia / Reckon Accounts Forum

Old 05-09-2017, 10:00 PM

Product Discounts

Hey All, we are an imported of equipment into Australia, and have a dealer network around Oz.

Currently I have a range of products, where the price is is shown on the line at Retail, and the second line is the dealer discount. I have multiple codes set up for discounts. The default is 30%.

My question is that our new MD has pointed out that the discount is not being allocated to the product being discounted in the reports, and is giving a false percentage, based on RRP and not the discounted price. In the report (not sure which one) there are multiple discount codes all with the total discount that has been given, but the discount is not being shown against the product.

For Example:

Product X $2995.00 EX
Discount 30% $898.50 EX
Invoice total $2096.50 EX
GST 209.55
Grand Total 2306.05

But in the report, it shows that the product was sold at full RRP, and the discounts are shown as a total, and not subtracted off the product range.

Hope that this is clear enough, please let me know if any clarification is required.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:07 AM

It's a catch-22 kind of thing, if you use a line item discount, that is how QB treats it, as an overall discount.

If you are using desktop QB, the other option is use price level lists to set discounted prices. They can be assigned to the customer (dealer). If you want MSRP and the price level list price to both be on the invoice that requires a custom field and some work to get it set up on the invoice.
But reporting has the problem of not showing the MSRP at all.