DocuSend QuickBooks App Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 05-18-2017, 11:53 AM

Deleting customer credit

Somehow I'm ending up with a -$297.09 amount for one of my customers. Don't know how it happened, but I need to get rid of it. How can I do this without changing the amount on my total income report? If I create an invoice for this amount, then recieve payment, will that not be recorded as "sales"? The customer has already paid, and the payment has already been recorded.
By the way this was done on Quick Books Pro 2017.

thanks
Old 05-18-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkync View Post
Somehow I'm ending up with a -$297.09 amount for one of my customers. Don't know how it happened, but I need to get rid of it. How can I do this without changing the amount on my total income report? If I create an invoice for this amount, then recieve payment, will that not be recorded as "sales"? The customer has already paid, and the payment has already been recorded.
By the way this was done on Quick Books Pro 2017.

thanks

just book a new sales (invoice/sales receipt) then apply that credit. You might think it will inflate your sales income this year. But in the past, you deflated your income. So it's square.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:16 PM

Thanks for the input, but this problem is on my laptop only. I have a desktop, that I enter my information on also ( QB 2009) and it is not showing this mistake. My sales is the same on it right now as the sales on my laptop
(QB 2017) If I enter another invoice, the amount is $ 297.09 more than the amount on my desktop (QB 2009) for my sales. Don't want to owe Uncle Sam more than necessary
I don't know what I done. The laptop keys are harder to hit than my desktop. I can only assume when I made the original invoice out, I hit a wrong key.
Thanks
Old 05-19-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkync View Post
Thanks for the input, but this problem is on my laptop only. I have a desktop, that I enter my information on also ( QB 2009) and it is not showing this mistake. My sales is the same on it right now as the sales on my laptop
(QB 2017) If I enter another invoice, the amount is $ 297.09 more than the amount on my desktop (QB 2009) for my sales. Don't want to owe Uncle Sam more than necessary
I don't know what I done. The laptop keys are harder to hit than my desktop. I can only assume when I made the original invoice out, I hit a wrong key.
Thanks
that doesn't make any sense. If it's the same database, it should show the same thing. There's no way the data being presented differently on different devices.

There must be some other things wrong.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:49 AM

Run a Transaction detail report and filter it for that customer and set Account for All Accounts Receivable and Sate to All. The balance should total to the current amount owed by that customer. It will show the transaction that is giving the extra credit so you can correct it.