DocuSend QuickBooks App Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Online Forum

Old 11-12-2016, 09:03 AM

Can't paste copied text into the customer centre search box?

Subject says it all really...all I want to do is be able to paste some pre-copied text into the customer centre 'Customers & Jobs' search field box - am I doing something wrong? (I'm using QB 2014 pro)
Old 11-15-2016, 04:06 PM

It may be easier to just type in, say, the first threes letter of the name or a sequence of letters from anywhere in the name, and click the magnifier. QuickBooks' search function is quite fast.

We can probably give you an answer to your original question if you let us know the sequence you use for copying and pasting.

Last edited by Lorin Browning; 11-15-2016 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:36 AM

As a busy online seller, I'm forever jumping between various systems, so I may have a customer in our non Quickbooks database that I wish to check the Quickbooks Sales receipt data on....so typically, I'd copy the customers name in my other app, come to quickbooks & then want to paste the copied data into the customer centre search box....but I can't.

Typing will not easier, because when handling lots of customs, it would mean having to remember the first few characters for each customer name (not easy with foreign customer name spellings!) & then manually typing these into the search box....hence wishing to copy/paste.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:33 AM

Hank

log out, clear the cache on the browser, close and reopen the browser and log in and see if that fixed it.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:35 AM

I'm not sure how that will help (indeed I don't know what a browser has to do with this problem - Quickbooks isn't a browser?)....is anyone able to copy then paste text into the Quickbooks customer search box (in the customer centre)
Old 11-20-2016, 05:37 PM

I tried copying and pasting and it didn't work. But that is no problem since doing a three or four letter search is so much faster. Just look on your list while at the computer and enter three or four consecutive letters into the search box.

You don't need to "remember the first few characters for each customer name (not easy with foreign customer name spellings!)" Either (1) print out the list or (b) split your screen so that you can have both QuickBooks and your app open at the same time.

The QuickBooks search tool does not limit one to using on the first letters of the name; the search can be done on any consecutive letters in the name.

Last edited by Lorin Browning; 11-20-2016 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:35 PM

...or perhaps ask Quickbooks to implement/deploy such a basic feature?!!

Seriously...the notion of split screens, printing out lists Or having to remember the first few characters of all my customers' names in the year 2016....well, laughable really.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankMcSpank View Post
I'm not sure how that will help (indeed I don't know what a browser has to do with this problem - Quickbooks isn't a browser?)....is anyone able to copy then paste text into the Quickbooks customer search box (in the customer centre)
This thread is listed under the QBO section, QBO is nothing more than a web page and it is surprising how many times clearing the cache does work for strange symptoms. If you are using desktop and posted in this section that is why my answer doesn't apply