DocuSend QuickBooks App Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Services and Jobs > QuickBooks Services Forum

Old 02-15-2016, 09:12 PM

Unhappy with QuickBooks Online? Quickbooks Desktop hosting tips.

If you are unsatisfied with QuickBooks Online or are tired of backing up your data all the time and would like to word outside of the office from time to time, give VyonCloud (www.vyoncloud) a look. We provide 24/7 IT support and put the same QuickBooks desktop version you currently have on what we call a virtual desktop. It is very secure and the application can be accessed from any location with an internet connection.
Additional benefits include:

Free online tech remote support from our IT experts
Daily offsite backups at a secure data center to protect your information in the event of a natural disaster.
Patching, software updates, anti-virus and spam filtering
30GB of storage for QuickBooks files (average space needed 10 GB) and other files.

Application Cloud Hosting or Total Business Cloud Hosting. It's worth a look.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:22 PM

Very good point made. I have used QB desktop for years and have always been impressed with the program capabilities. I tried the Online version in February 2015 and decided to go back to desktop. The program was inferior and missing a lot of reports and capabilities to move from one function to another. I needed analytical capabilities & future forecasting. I've now switched to QB desktop hosting in the cloud. Very happy.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:26 AM

QuickBooks

Though it is true that the desktop version is much more powerful and easy to work with, most users prefer online. They try it out and then revert to desktop The cloud feature is pretty good IMO.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:02 AM

Hi Gilbert91. Thank you for your input. However, what do you mean by "most users" prefer online? There are three options available. Traditional Desktop, Desktop app in the cloud (or on a cloud provider's server) and QuickBooks online (limited features). I am hosting my QB Desktop with www.vyoncloud.com so I get all of the full feature benefits that I'm used to and can access the files from anywhere on any device. It's been such a great help. I feel my data is very secure and am happy with the service.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:27 PM

More info about application hosting

Also wanted to mention this http://vyoncloud.com/application-cloud/ really helps explain how cloud hosting works.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMBQuickBooks View Post
Hi Gilbert91. Thank you for your input. However, what do you mean by "most users" prefer online? There are three options available. Traditional Desktop, Desktop app in the cloud (or on a cloud provider's server) and QuickBooks online (limited features). I am hosting my QB Desktop with www.vyoncloud.com so I get all of the full feature benefits that I'm used to and can access the files from anywhere on any device. It's been such a great help. I feel my data is very secure and am happy with the service.
I simply meant that some of my clients prefer Quickbooks online. They somehow feel the online version is going to be hasslefree and then rever to desktop solutions. Thanks for the link shared, will go through and revert