Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Online Forum

Old 11-27-2015, 02:10 PM

Unhappy Quickbooks Online-DO NOT BUY

I have struggled for 3 weeks with Quickbooks Online having been a user Quickbooks for MAC for about 7 or 8 years. Yesterday, I finally gave up after yet more problems.
I noticed that some of my data was not showing up correctly in the register so I called the support line and after about an hour of looking into my issues they told me that my data was corrupted.
So I asked them how this could be fixed and they said they could do it for me but it would cost $399 for a 6 month support contract! What??
I thought the whole point about moving to an online version is that all that is part of the service. It even says that phone support is included as part of the monthly price, but this is not true.
So I asked for the previous file, which was successfully backed up in their system 2 days before, to be sent back to me so that I could upload back to Quickbooks Desktop.
Well, this cannot be done either unless I pay a one time fee of $199.
The product is full of bugs and now I have wasted many hours trying to get a flaky product to do what it says.
I will not pay the money in principle, it feels to be me like I am being held to ransom to get back my own data.
DO NOT buy this product, it is not ready to run your business on.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:05 PM

You should have your own data already. It is on the backup you made prior to going on line.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:11 AM

This is the one big problem with QBO, everyone thinks its just like the desktop version but it's not.
It's a totally new program, I don't mind using it for certain clients and works well for them, but it's not the same as using the desktop.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonabyte View Post
This is the one big problem with QBO, everyone thinks its just like the desktop version but it's not.
It's a totally new program, I don't mind using it for certain clients and works well for them, but it's not the same as using the desktop.
So true, and for those thinking of switching who already use desktop, a non partisan comparison of QBO vs QB desktop
http://onsale-apparel.com/Rustler/qbo-or-qbdt
Old 11-16-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonabyte View Post
Agreed. They're both different versions that are great for handling specific tasks. For instance, if you need batch invoicing, industry specific versions, or multiple inventory tracking options, then QBDT would be best. If you need real time updates, remote access, or allow others to use the software, then QBO would be the way to go. Both are really good in terms of ease of use though.

Here is a good resource on the difference between both and when/when not to use one or the other: http://fitsmallbusiness.com/quickboo...ne-vs-desktop/
Old 02-19-2017, 05:00 PM

Do not buy ----

Richard -
This really sounds like a company labeling itself as QBO support -
Make sure that you have the actual tel # which is:
800-488-7330