Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Services and Jobs > QuickBooks Services Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 12:39 PM

Arrow QuickBooks by Nancy Neville

Hello, my name is Nancy Neville and I am a Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor and a retired landlord of 13 years (husband 30 years). I have been using QuickBooks since 1997 and began writing and publishing books about QuickBooks since 2005.

I am not an employee of QuickBooks, but just a retired landlord who tried every software program out there under the sun. Cost me a lot of money to only find out that every software program needs a teacher in order to understand it. Just because it has colorful cartoons (some software programs do) doesn't mean they are easy to learn and understand, which left me with a tough decision to make. What Software Program did I want to study and learn. I chose QuickBooks. I chose it because I liked the Reports (even though I didn't really understand it completely) and I liked how easy it was to enter customers and payments and make deposits, and that was about all I knew about QuickBooks, but it was enough to choose it and I'm glad I did.

So in between my busy life of landlording, I studied QuickBooks. I fell asleep, pulled my hair out by the roots (not really but wanted to), wanted to give up several times, but I knew I had to do it. My husband and I needed to have a financial software program that would keep track of our finances, and so I forced myself to continue. And then one day, about a year later, it finally started to make sense. I was "getting it" and I liked what I was seeing and learning. In 2005 I felt sure I knew everything there was about QuickBooks, so I thought, and to prove it, I took an exam to be a Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor, (and if you thought that was an easy task, as I thought it would be, you have another think coming. It was grueling to say the least. But because it was tough, it made me study even harder and I have been Certified since 2005 and every year thereafter. (Yes I must be tested and Certified every year).

I decided to take my knowledge of QuickBooks and write a book showing others how to use QuickBooks but in simple to understand terms. And I decided to use Visual every step of the way. Because QuickBooks is great, I want everyone to understand its capabilities. And in order to do it, I have to teach you as though I am sitting right there next to you, using terminology that we all understand. And because I am not an accountant or a scholar, or an English Major, but just a simple landlord, and someone who loves to write, I was able to accomplish what I set out to do. I teach in a way that even a "Caveman" can understand it.

The books I have written since 2005 are:

The Landlord, Investors, and Property Managers Guide to QuickBooks
Nancy's Guide to QuickBooks for Contractors
Nancy's Guide to QuickBooks for Landscapers

I am currently working on just a plain Nancy's Guide to QuickBooks for All Industries, where I cover everything QuickBooks has to offer, so that it does indeed cover everybody.

If you have QuickBooks and it's just sitting on your shelf collecting dust, go visit my web site and take a peek at my screen shots. You will also be able to read reviews about my books to see what others are saying about them.

Thanks a lot for reading.

Nancy Neville, Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
Landlord Consultant, Author
http://www.nancyneville.homestead.com

The owner of the Landlord School (The Academy of Higher Learning)
One of the AllStars on the Intuit QuickBooks Property Manager Forum

Last edited by Nancy178; 05-22-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:23 PM

Nancy Neville

What a great resume!!

I am looking forward to your postings on this forum!!

Laura D

♫•*¨•.¸¸.•*¨• I make QuickBooks sing! •*¨*•♫♪ ♪♫

www.centsablebookkeeping.com
Recommending Qbox: http://bit.do/qbox-98
Old 06-03-2010, 01:40 PM

Talking Thank you

Laura, what a nice thing to say! Thank you.

Nancy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Butterfly and a rose.jpg (12.7 KB, 116 views)
The owner of the Landlord School (The Academy of Higher Learning)
One of the AllStars on the Intuit QuickBooks Property Manager Forum
Old 10-27-2015, 09:10 AM

Smile Quickbooks 2016 for Mac

Nancy I purchased your "The Landlords Bookkeeper Landlords and Flips" I LOVE it. I have 17 SFH and formed an LLC recently.

Your product is well worth twice the price. I had a bit of a learning curve making it work with Quickbooks for 2016 Mac Desktop Edition but it was very doable.

Have one question. On the Tenant Billing Template do you have an easy way to copy the Windows version in the the Mac version. Quickbooks say's there is no way to export templates created in the Mac version from each company as they are specific to the company file. YOU were VERY upfront letting the Mac user know the templates you provide are not importable into the Mac's. I appreciated that. Just trying to figure out a way to recreate your templates.

What I have thought to do is to keep your template video up on an external monitor and then "pause the video that goes over modifying the template" and visually try to recreate it as you go along in the video. Do you have any other suggestions? LOL