DocuSend QuickBooks App Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2006, 01:45 PM

How to modify the invoice template?

I am a new user to quickbooks....
I am using Pro for Mac 2006 and am trying to figure out how to modify the invoice template.

I know that I can go to Company -> company settings -> Invoice format
but I don't see an option for adding a custom footer, or modifying the layout in any way.

I am trying to be able to add payment instructions at the bottom of the invoice.
For example:

To pay via check, send to XXXXX

To pay via wire transfer, XXXXX

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to JTAlves Send a message via Yahoo to JTAlves
The upper right portion of the screen has an "Invoice" pull down menu for types of invoices and a "Customize" Button. Select "Customize" and then the template you want to modify. Select "Edit" and the rest is pretty much self explanatory. Use the "Layout Designer" to move things around on the form and add, delete, fields etc..

When you are done save your new template with a new name.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:15 PM

I must be looking in the wrong place....

I am looking at the invoice window. I go to COMPANY -> COMPANY SETTINGS ->
Then under the "Show" Dropdown menu I choose "INVOICE FORMAT"

I am then given the option of the following formats:
Product
Professional
Service
Custom

I choose "Custom" but then do not see an "edit" button, or a layout designer option etc...

......help?
Old 05-03-2006, 05:28 PM

After a litte searching, I found that there isnt a layout designer in the Mac version.

That is frustrating.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rmconlon
After a litte searching, I found that there isnt a layout designer in the Mac version.

That is frustrating.
Does the Mac version have a LIST button up there on the tool bar? If so, click on it an see if the dropdown list has TEMPLATES among other stuff and click on it. If that works you should be able to make a DUPLICATE then EDIT the duplicate (in Windows one does that via the TEMPLATE button at lower left of the Template window).

You got that far? Well, then you should see the layout designer in that 'Customise' window.

It may be somewhat different for you but I just can't believe that QB is ignoring Mac users in that department.

Norbert
Old 05-15-2017, 03:15 PM

I'm searching for a great invoicing or accounting app solution. A software which functions nicely for me could be an iPhone app or a web-based app. I believed I 'd be more successful finding something that was free. It seems like every program which advertises as a free app is not truly free. I 'm at least looking for a nice looking invoice template that I can use to create invoices for my clients if I can not locate an invoicing app that's free. If I can find something for a word processor that I do not have to pay for that would be best. Please, don't recommend invoice templates from applications that cost money, like Microsoft products.

I'll make sure to pay it forward in this newsgroup and in others once I find something great.

Thank you for your help internet!
Old 05-19-2017, 02:30 AM

Customize your invoice template in QuickBooks

Nowadays you can easily customize your invoice template in QuickBooks. The creators of this software have come up with some cool templates which can easily be downloaded and imported into your QuickBooks Company file for free. Here’s how:

1.When you are in the QuickBooks Templates List you are ready to edit any template.
2.Click on the designer. Now simply select a template click on edit. You are now ready to edit the Template.
3.At the bottom, you will have to click the Layout Designer.
4.After that in the layout designer simply double click any box in order to remove the borders.