Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 05-17-2017, 03:20 AM

transfering data to a new company

We have reached our limit of 14,400 or so items and have been advised to go online , but are having problems with data transfer.
I have since found out that online is a totally different beast and we havent got the time to mess around with it at the moment.
As a quick, if messy fix , is it possible to create a new company and migrate the last 10 years data to it?
while this is obviously not perfect , it will give us enough information to use QB properly but release 10 years of out of date information, and will give us breathing space to actually plan our next move rather than plunge into the unknown

Many thanks in anticipation
Old 05-17-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurksalot View Post
We have reached our limit of 14,400 or so items and have been advised to go online , but are having problems with data transfer.
I have since found out that online is a totally different beast and we havent got the time to mess around with it at the moment.
As a quick, if messy fix , is it possible to create a new company and migrate the last 10 years data to it?
while this is obviously not perfect , it will give us enough information to use QB properly but release 10 years of out of date information, and will give us breathing space to actually plan our next move rather than plunge into the unknown

Many thanks in anticipation
How about you move to Enterprise version?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:12 PM

No, to be honest, we have tried going online but the data transfer won't seem to work, and the transfer help don't seem to be. er, helping.

I was looking for a quick fix to help is all, as support doesn't seem to be able to and this has gone on for a week now, and we will be well behind if we dont find a swift answer.

I will have a look what enterprise is many thanks

Last edited by lurksalot; 05-17-2017 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spelling !!
Old 05-17-2017, 02:34 PM

Check out the following http://www.qbornotqb.com/aboutus.html to see if they can help you.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:19 AM

Check these.
www.q2q.us
http://www.q2q.us/How%20to%20start%2...oks%20file.htm
Old 05-18-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurksalot View Post
No, to be honest, we have tried going online but the data transfer won't seem to work, and the transfer help don't seem to be. er, helping.

I was looking for a quick fix to help is all, as support doesn't seem to be able to and this has gone on for a week now, and we will be well behind if we dont find a swift answer.

I will have a look what enterprise is many thanks
moving to enterprise is the best choice. the database structure of Pro/Premier is pretty much the same as the Enterprise. You will find that it is easier to convert data from Pro/Premier to Enterprise.

You can do it by yourself, or there are so many companies out there can do it at a reasonable charge.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:09 AM

many thanks I shall check it out,