Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Online Forum

Old 04-07-2017, 06:19 PM

QBO transfer to a new QBO

My bookkeeper signed up my QBO account as a wholesale account so now I cannot get payroll add on without her approval. She signed me up for the $99/month payroll but I told her to delete that because I'm just a single guy with no employees yet. I researched online and thought Enhanced Payroll would work fine for me.

I have asked her to remove her hold on my account. She has not been able to get here in a week and now another delay till next week. I was told I have to be there, transfer the account, switch myself as the payee of the monthly service fee, and reconcile or I may lose all my data. Ouch!

I tried called tech support but they can not help much. I could fax info to them, 10 days later, they could remove her but since I'm not paying the account directly I can't meet their guidelines.

I've asked 2 other online firms but they do not seem to know what to do either except to start over again. Is there a way to download the data to a new company QBO safely? How can I do that, so I can have a company do it for me. I don't want to risk losing the data. Thanks for any help ahead of time. Aloha
Old 04-08-2017, 04:39 AM

There is no way to transfer transactions from one QBO file to another

The only real option to get all your data for archiving against a future audit is to have an accountant log in and print or export to excel the general journal. (Or invite yourself as the accountant, create the log in, and log in as the accountant so you can use the accountant tools.) Due to QBO's limited data handling capability that will probably have to be done in date segments. Of course that may not help in the event of an IRS audit since they have stated that the actual software data file is what they want, and an excel spreadsheet is not satisfactory.
(Note: simple start does not have a true general journal report at all.)

QBO data handling capability for reporting is not adequate, if there is more than 5K records it times out and reports that you have too much data. You will have to do a journal report in date range segments, like Jan-Feb, Mar-Apr, etc etc.
How many months you can span per report is a guessing game since the report can not deal with more than 5K transactions.

First thing intuit will want to know is if you have fully paid the bookkeeper to date.

Let me ping someone I know and see if I can find out how to get your file released.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:15 AM

Here is what intuit has stated you need to do, good luck.

--------------snip--------
the user would need to give our QBO tech support team a call. When they talk to an agent, the user can start a claim to regain the Master Administrator rights. The agent would collect certain information about the caller (name, business address, contact info, etc), the current Master Admin (ex-bookkeeper/accountant, former owner now deceased, ex-partner), and the business type (LLC, partnership, etc). We'll also reach out to the current Master Administrator and allow them 48 hours to respond to the claim (this is required legally).

The business type will determine the kind of documentation we'll need to proceed. Once the caller replies to the email with the documentation we need to determine the books' ownership, we can adjust the administrator rights on "the back end" of the system. Our goal is to resolve claims within 2 - 7 business days, assuming we get all the documents we need in a timely fashion.
--------------------end snip-------------