Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Enterprise Edition Forum

Old 06-01-2017, 02:38 PM

Attaching Invoices to Checks

My ability to attach scanned invoices to checks disappeared when we finally upgraded our QB. Our QB administrator is our accountant, and she could not figure out how to restore my ability to do this when she was here the other day. Any ideas?
Old 06-01-2017, 05:00 PM

A/P checks?

I presume you're referring to the A/P side of the equation?
We scan our signed check together with the related invoices and save to PDF.
Unsure how what you had before improves on my archaic system.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxahoya View Post
My ability to attach scanned invoices to checks disappeared when we finally upgraded our QB. Our QB administrator is our accountant, and she could not figure out how to restore my ability to do this when she was here the other day. Any ideas?
Not sure what you mean when you said "disappeared". Do you mean that you can't the "attach" button is disable or nothing happen when you click the "attach" button.

please be more specific.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:46 PM

I used to be able to select "attach file" when writing checks. I'd then pick the file I'd wanted to attach from the computer, scanner, or doc center and attach it. Later on I could easily view the invoice that was paid with the particular check.

Now when I click on computer (or scanner or doc center) to attach the invoice, I get a pop-up "Warning, you do not have permission to perform this action. Ask your QB Administrator to grant you this permission".

My QB administrator doesn't know how to.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I used to be able to select "attach file" when writing checks. I'd then pick the file I'd wanted to attach from the computer, scanner, or doc center and attach it. Later on I could easily view the invoice that was paid with the particular check.

Now when I click on computer (or scanner or doc center) to attach the invoice, I get a pop-up "Warning, you do not have permission to perform this action. Ask your QB Administrator to grant you this permission".

My QB administrator doesn't know how to.
from my understanding, QB doesn't limit the ability to attach the documents to transactions/list. So I doubt that it's not about not having permission to attach, it's about not having permission to make changes to that invoice. Either that invoice is in a closing period, or you just simply don't have or lose permission to modify an invoice.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:05 AM

I'm wondering if it is a windows permission situation, try this
right click on the QB icon and select run as admin, then try attaching a bill to a check

that run as admin is a windows permission not a QB permission
Old 06-29-2017, 03:10 PM

Are you running QB on/from a server (a networked environment)? Could it possibly be you don't have permission to save files into the folder where the attached files are stored? In our setup, we have a folder called "Attach" under the Quickbooks File folder. If you don't have permissions to save files into that folder, that could be your problem.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:56 AM

I see what is being said regarding it being a Windows permission. I can get to the permissions editor, but can't do anything..."the requested operation requires elevation" is the warning I get. I don't have administrative access.

It's so annoying because no one knows who the administrators are, or the administrators know nothing about QB so I can't get any help.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
I see what is being said regarding it being a Windows permission. I can get to the permissions editor, but can't do anything..."the requested operation requires elevation" is the warning I get. I don't have administrative access.

It's so annoying because no one knows who the administrators are, or the administrators know nothing about QB so I can't get any help.
if you think it's the windows permission, then the Administrator is the Admin of the server which hosts the QB files.You will need an IT guy who knows how to setup a network that allows users in the network to be able to read and write files to that server