Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Enterprise Edition Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-01-2017, 02:38 PM
saxahoya saxahoya is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Attaching Invoices to Checks

My ability to attach scanned invoices to checks disappeared when we finally upgraded our QB. Our QB administrator is our accountant, and she could not figure out how to restore my ability to do this when she was here the other day. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-01-2017, 05:00 PM
Froid Froid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 114
A/P checks?

I presume you're referring to the A/P side of the equation?
We scan our signed check together with the related invoices and save to PDF.
Unsure how what you had before improves on my archaic system.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2017, 06:12 PM
uniz uniz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxahoya View Post
My ability to attach scanned invoices to checks disappeared when we finally upgraded our QB. Our QB administrator is our accountant, and she could not figure out how to restore my ability to do this when she was here the other day. Any ideas?
Not sure what you mean when you said "disappeared". Do you mean that you can't the "attach" button is disable or nothing happen when you click the "attach" button.

please be more specific.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2017, 03:46 PM
saxahoya saxahoya is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Attaching Invoices to Checks

I used to be able to select "attach file" when writing checks. I'd then pick the file I'd wanted to attach from the computer, scanner, or doc center and attach it. Later on I could easily view the invoice that was paid with the particular check.

Now when I click on computer (or scanner or doc center) to attach the invoice, I get a pop-up "Warning, you do not have permission to perform this action. Ask your QB Administrator to grant you this permission".

My QB administrator doesn't know how to.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2017, 05:05 PM
uniz uniz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxahoya View Post
I used to be able to select "attach file" when writing checks. I'd then pick the file I'd wanted to attach from the computer, scanner, or doc center and attach it. Later on I could easily view the invoice that was paid with the particular check.

Now when I click on computer (or scanner or doc center) to attach the invoice, I get a pop-up "Warning, you do not have permission to perform this action. Ask your QB Administrator to grant you this permission".

My QB administrator doesn't know how to.
from my understanding, QB doesn't limit the ability to attach the documents to transactions/list. So I doubt that it's not about not having permission to attach, it's about not having permission to make changes to that invoice. Either that invoice is in a closing period, or you just simply don't have or lose permission to modify an invoice.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-14-2017, 06:05 AM
Rustler Rustler is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas - The Republic
Posts: 2,350
I'm wondering if it is a windows permission situation, try this
right click on the QB icon and select run as admin, then try attaching a bill to a check

that run as admin is a windows permission not a QB permission
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-29-2017, 03:10 PM
John S John S is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 35
Are you running QB on/from a server (a networked environment)? Could it possibly be you don't have permission to save files into the folder where the attached files are stored? In our setup, we have a folder called "Attach" under the Quickbooks File folder. If you don't have permissions to save files into that folder, that could be your problem.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-27-2017, 08:56 AM
saxahoya saxahoya is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Attaching Invoices to Checks

I see what is being said regarding it being a Windows permission. I can get to the permissions editor, but can't do anything..."the requested operation requires elevation" is the warning I get. I don't have administrative access.

It's so annoying because no one knows who the administrators are, or the administrators know nothing about QB so I can't get any help.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-27-2017, 09:48 AM
uniz uniz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxahoya View Post
I see what is being said regarding it being a Windows permission. I can get to the permissions editor, but can't do anything..."the requested operation requires elevation" is the warning I get. I don't have administrative access.

It's so annoying because no one knows who the administrators are, or the administrators know nothing about QB so I can't get any help.
if you think it's the windows permission, then the Administrator is the Admin of the server which hosts the QB files.You will need an IT guy who knows how to setup a network that allows users in the network to be able to read and write files to that server
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks
Bookmark and Share
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.


 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All contents copyright (c) by AccountingUsers Inc.