Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > Comparison Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 01:51 PM

QB Pro vs Peachtree

I own a very small manufacturing company that sells both wholesale (to stores) and direct to retail customers. I am using quickbooks pro which does not allow multiple price points for inventory items which is a big problem for me. I could upgrade to quickbooks premier, but hate to pay the $400+ that it costs. It appears that Peachtree Complete would let me have 10 price levels for each inventory item for nearly $200 less. So my question is: how hard it is to convert QB to Peachtree? Are there limitations to Peachtree Complete that I should know about before making the switch?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to YourVirtualAsst Send a message via Yahoo to YourVirtualAsst
If you've been using QB I would stick with it and pay the extra money. I have used QB for years and it is quite different from Peachtree. I have a client who uses Peachtree and I HATE it! One of the biggest pitfalls is the reporting, their reports are horrible and not as easy to customize as QB. Also, you have to close out every month as a seperate period which is a big pain.

I also have problems converting a PO to an invoice because it doesn't carryforward the item dollar amounts so I have to re-enter the amounts after I convert it to an invoice which is overly time consuming. I called the CPA, who called Peachtree, to see if there was a way to correct it and they said there wasn't.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:34 PM

Hmmm - sounds like I Peachtree has its issues also. Since other than the question of multiple price levels, I have been happy with QB, I will take your advice and stick with it. But now that I am looking at Premier, I notice there are several versions. I can't figure out from their website what the differences are. Since we do manufacturing, wholesale and retail I have no idea which version to get - the plain Premier, the wholesale/manufacturing or the retail (I think probably not the latter). Any thoughts on this???

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:08 PM

As I understand it, Peachtree is designed for larger, more complex organizations.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:30 PM

Its been awhile but I used Peachtree about 5 years ago and hated it with a passion. QB is much more user friendly.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:42 AM

I just switched to Quickbooks from Peachtree because of a colleague's recommendation. I am really not that into accounting but I need to because my business is growing and it's hard to track all things. I hope I won't plan on switching back to Peachtree.

choosehottubsdirect - choose hot tubs direct
Old 04-05-2012, 05:14 AM

I prefer using Quickbooks. I have been using it happily for 2 years already and I donít think I will switch it to Peachtree.