Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > Suggestion Box

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-31-2007, 05:43 AM

Smile A Landlord and Property Manager Category

I was wondering if you would be interested in adding another category called "Landlords and Property Managers". I am a Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor and a Landlord and have a CD out to teach Landlords and Property Manangers how to use QuickBooks. I would love to offer my services and advice here if you think you may have a need for this.

Also do you have a special place here where one can advertise their products or services?

Thank you

Nancy Neville
Certifified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
Landlord, Author
Old 07-20-2007, 09:03 AM

sounds like a good idea.

anyone?

Bueller?
Old 07-20-2007, 09:09 AM

Questions Please!

Anyone who has a question regarding Landlording and Property Management...fire away! I will try to help you as much as I can.

Nancy Neville
Old 07-21-2007, 03:55 PM

edit

Thanks in advance

Last edited by jimmyl; 11-10-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:34 PM

I second or triple this new "property mgt" / "rental property" category request.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:46 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me!
Old 10-24-2007, 01:08 PM

Still need Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyl View Post
I just took over a landlords books from another bookeeper. I am looking at the books and they look very confusing to me. The chart of accounts is not set up as expected. The prior bookeeper set up the chart of accounts for the three properties and they are all set up different. This business is new to me.

All three properties have the TMI recovery account as a cost of goods sold. I would have set it up as a revenue account.

Can you send me a copy of your chart of accounts so that I can see how you have it set up.

Any help is appreciated.

If you would like to contact me via e mail, my address is jleventakis @ yahoo . com

without the spaces.

Thanks in advance

Let me know if you are still looking for this. I can give you an example. Either PM me back or email me from our website.

Small Business Support
www.mySBSteam.com
Old 03-28-2009, 05:51 AM

Some help?

HI
I would also love to see a chart of accounts. I think I'm pretty close. I have ONE house, but may add more single family houses.

I have found it challenging finding quick tutorials on how to do this. I don't really need a complete manual, as I've been using QB to manage 2 other business, just a quick "Q and A" would be great, or sample COA.

I have house setup as an asset, of course for the BS side of things and also as a "class" -- Now I've heard that setting up your rental prop as a "Customer" and your tenant as "Job" is also good, though I haven't quite figured out the "science" behind THAT trick. I choose the house as the "class" when entering any expense having directly to do with that house, but don't add ANY class when entering expenses such as office related, etc. When I get security deposit, I will create a "sub" checking account, called escrow or security deposits (rather than open a real second checking account) and I will enter the sec' deposit as a current liability as well. Am I on the right track? When I recieve rent I iwll use the 'receive payments" window and receive the payment as payment agains the "statement charge" of rent for the month, added earlier, whcih I can "automate" if needed. I've attached screen shots of my PL for the month as well as chart of accounts ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (63.4 KB, 786 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (92.4 KB, 737 views)
Old 03-17-2012, 07:18 PM

Thumbs up

I'm new here, but this seems like a useful idea, if people are still interested in it. (Disclosure, we have QuickBooks training for landlords).

Last edited by JonathanLLA; 01-14-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:26 AM

I totally agree with that. I'm pretty sure there are so many others who also have a positive response regarding the suggestion!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:44 PM

According to me this category is very useful for landlord and property manager. You have to manage all the property and its only depends on the different category. If you want to advertise your property than online sites available and its very important to your business.