Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > Comparison Forum

Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 PM

Question quickbooks online backup

I sent my new tax exempt form, good until 2019, for payroll services. 6 months later in December I ordered payroll tax forms, a new version of QuickBooks, and other supplies. My order was placed on hold until I supplied a new tax form. This was a different division, and I needed to send my tax exempt from again. Not willing to have my W-2 order in December held by a tax department, I cancelled my order. I no longer buy QuickBooks or any supplies from Intuit because of endless tax exempt problems.

When you buy QuickBooks from Intuit you get a free online backup. When I cancelled my order, Intuit cancelled my online backup. It was running on my computer every night, but the data wasn't going anywhere. 6 month later when I went to run a restore, there was no data. Unfortunately I was paying for the online backup before the cancelled order, and I continued to pay for it after the cancelled order.

Why would they set it up so the service so it could be disabled without the customer knowing about it? Why did no one seem to care about what happened to me? Why would anyone pay for such an unreliable service. Why is Intuit in the online backup business when they don't seem to care about it? It didn't seem like there would be any changes to make sure this didn't happen again.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 AM

This does bring up a point, we should run a complete restore periodically to make sure we are not creating a "write only" backup.

If QB is this deficient in their support of backup then they need to get their act together.