Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > Comparison Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 11:59 PM

Question Which Quickbooks to use?

Hi, I've been a bookkeeper for over 10 yrs. Currently I am working very PT for a company I used to work FT at. We use QB Pro 2004. I have been throwing around the idea of doing bookkeeping and/or payroll for other companies because the job is getting so messed up w/the way they do things or not do things.

My ques is this: What program would everyone recommend buying and how would I go about getting my message out there? Is there another website that might help? Depending on how much work the companies would entail I would either like to do payroll for several companies or do monthly bookkeeping for a few companies that may or may not include payroll. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Lisa
Old 03-01-2007, 08:04 AM

I would encourage you to join the QB ProAdvisor program and get certified. You'll get a current Premier Accountant's edition and as long as you renew your membership, you'll always get the latest version which you'll want to install in separate folders.

Be shameless about telling people what you're doing and network, network, network. You never know where great client will come from - family, friends a chance meeting at a bus stop, etc.
Minneapolis, MN

QuickBooks Advanced Certified ProAdvisor
Sleeter Group Certified QuickBooks Consultant
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Timeslips Certified Consultant
Fishbowl Inventory Authorized Reseller

Ask me about MiSys Manufacturing add-on for Quickbooks and Peachtree
Old 03-01-2007, 03:25 PM

Red face

Thank you. What exactly is the Proadvisor program and how do I join? Lisa
Old 03-04-2007, 04:03 PM

You can get information here:

http://accountant.intuit.com/member_...px?lid=leftnav

You pay an annual fee to become a QB ProAdvisor and you can take tests for certification and Point of Sale certification. You can also get Advanced Certified and Enterprise Solutions certification, but those are more involved.

If you get certified, you will be listed on the "find a ProAdvisor site and it just gives you credibility as a Quickbooks bookkeeper.

And as I mentionned, as long as you are in the progam, you'll receive the current version of QuickBooks premier accountant's edition (plus a bunch of other stuff) each year.

I think it's a great investment if you're serious about being a QB professional.

Best of luck!
Minneapolis, MN

QuickBooks Advanced Certified ProAdvisor
Sleeter Group Certified QuickBooks Consultant
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Timeslips Certified Consultant
Fishbowl Inventory Authorized Reseller

Ask me about MiSys Manufacturing add-on for Quickbooks and Peachtree
Old 03-09-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabford View Post
What program would everyone recommend buying?
It depends. I have QB 2003-2007 on my desktop! I specialize in QB consultations, so I must have multiple years to accomodate various clients.

However, if you are just going to do monthly bookkeeping for clients who do not already own QB, then you don't need multiple years of it. Just buy the most current. Or, if for some reason you want an older year, you can probably find a new one on Ebay.

Quote:
Depending on how much work the companies would entail I would either like to do payroll for several companies or do monthly bookkeeping for a few companies that may or may not include payroll. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Lisa
I'm not a big fan of doing payroll, although I can understand you wanting to do it in order to help get your business of the ground. Do you like payroll? I hate it! But if you like it, then that's different. You don't need it to get started. There are plenty of bookkeeping clients out there - at least, there are in my area.

Anyway, those are my thoughts right now. Let me know what you think.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:24 AM

I love doing payroll. I worked for a CPA that had a payroll company & I was basically it. I did payroll for about 10 companies (had a payroll program).
Old 03-20-2007, 08:30 AM

Smile

Thank you both for your suggestions. Just recently I have decided to go back to my job (FT). I will start after Easter. Money is tight right now & I need to get out. I think I need to get back into the everyday "business" first but will definately keep this in mind for a later venture. I do want to do this in the near future. Lisa
Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 PM

Thumbs down This is called creative, no cost advertising

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyjx0207 View Post
Professionally-designed wedding albums by SPC Wedding Album capture the love and spirit of your special wedding day. From your wedding day festivities, to your kiss and throwing the bouquet, to the grand celebration, you'll have each moment to treasure forever. That's why every SPCwedding album is carefully designed by our wedding photographer, bringing all your desires to life. Choose from a selection of delightful wedding albumand products and we'll make it totally unique and wedding photography for you. But they're not just beautiful. They are built to keep your special moments safe for decades, or even centuries. In fact, our wedding albums are so durable,we wedding photographerprovide you a lifetime warranty.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:17 AM

I fully agree with songcon.

lyjx0207 is a spammer and should be banned.

(I myself am brand new and i'm looking forward to being able to talk shop and exchange ideas with people on this forum. The words i would use to describe this spammer would be more harsh than those used by songcon.)
Old 04-09-2012, 03:47 AM

Well, Ok, QB ProAdvisor sounds nice according to your comments!
So what is the approzimate annual fee then?