Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Enterprise Edition Forum

Old 02-07-2008, 08:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to JTAlves Send a message via Yahoo to JTAlves
Bill Detail report / export

Is there a way to print or export it to Excel the Detail (Account, Amount, Memo, Customer Job) information for a bill? Or is this another failure of QB's software. I am using 2005 if the ability to do that is not in that version - is it in 2008?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:52 AM

Use the Custom Transaction Detail report. Modify it and checl the Source NAme and unchec any columns you do not want to see on the report. Filter it and set Transaction Type=Bill and Deltail Level=All Except Summary.
Once thr report runs you should be able to print it or export it to excel.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:05 AM

Jeff - you gripe so much about QB's failings, why don't you dump it and find something better? (just feeling a little bitchy today - maybe it's the endless MN winter and I'm sub-consciously jealous of you being in HI).

It's certainly not a perfect program, but no program is. For the money, it does an amazing amount of stuff.
Minneapolis, MN

QuickBooks Advanced Certified ProAdvisor
Sleeter Group Certified QuickBooks Consultant
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Timeslips Certified Consultant
Fishbowl Inventory Authorized Reseller

Ask me about MiSys Manufacturing add-on for Quickbooks and Peachtree
Old 02-08-2008, 06:18 PM

Lisa,

> (just feeling a little bitchy today - maybe it's the endless MN winter...

Everyone's entitled, once in a while. Maybe we could work out a weather trade & it would pick up your spirits?

Right now I'd trade the 2" rain we got two days ago, coupled with a "spring thaw in February", for up to 1 foot of snow on frozen Minnesota soil. Here in Missouri, yards and driveways and gravel roads and all else is a soft, mushy mire. So do you have the 1 foot of snow to trade me? ...or are you holding out for time in HI?

This is purely rhetorical; I'm not looking for a reply, just hoping to cheer you up. (In fact I have rarely, if ever, envied a Minnesotan on the basis of their lovely winters...with the possible exception of the general admiration I have for the stoicism it develops in them.)

Mark Wilsdorf
Flagship Technologies, Inc.
QuickBooks™ Add-Ons and Solutions You Can Use
http://www.goflagship.com
Old 02-08-2008, 11:14 PM

Mark - you got a smile out of me! Reading your post, I have nothing to complain about! Looking forward to -30 windchills coming in this weekend, but at least my feet will be dry (cold, but dry)! LOL

Thanks for the note.
Minneapolis, MN

QuickBooks Advanced Certified ProAdvisor
Sleeter Group Certified QuickBooks Consultant
Peachtree Certified Consultant
Timeslips Certified Consultant
Fishbowl Inventory Authorized Reseller

Ask me about MiSys Manufacturing add-on for Quickbooks and Peachtree
Old 02-11-2008, 02:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to JTAlves Send a message via Yahoo to JTAlves
Joe,

Thank you - I was able to generate a report and export the data that I need. You have saved me a nice chunk of time. Now, how does one eliminate some of the fields/columns on that report or any report for that matter (other than the ones they allow you to suppress)?

Now with the time Joe saved me I can respond to Lisa

Lisa, Yeah, I know I grumble a lot. And I really shouldn't since I live in sunny and WARM Hawaii. Actually it has been really cool (55 at night - Brrr) and rainy the last few weeks - we even had snow on the mountains! But about 80 right now and sunny.

Anyway, You are right QBs is a great program for the cost. I do know that Peachtree does some things that QB doesn't but probably doesn't do what QBs does so it's probably a trade off. I am looking at an industry specific program that costs about as much as Enterprise. I gripe because I THINK the things that are missing or wrong in QBs are simple things that a company the size of Intuit really should address like (these are specific to me):

Being able to:
- Globally change things like move all of the time associated to one job to another
- Print a range of invoices by date or invoice number
- Easily import Excel or other files types (I think this is better in 2008?)
- Archive inactive data in an efficient way that significantly reduces the company file size. And now the only way to do it is by date rather than things like "all inactive customers and vendors". I t would be nice to be able to strip that data off and if I ever need it again be able to read it somewhere and not just in a summary view. This is a big one because QB is telling both myself and another person at another company with a similar company file size that the only way I can resolve the slow speed QBs responds with is to move to QBs Enterprise which is a $3k expense. If I could effectively reduce the file size I wouldn't have to spend the $s. I guess in a way I feel like (but I know it's not) its planned obsolescence by QBs.

There area bunch more that I have and I have sent them in to Intuit. Perhaps in a future version they will include some of the things I would like to have. So, I will follow your lead and quit griping, accept the shortcomings, and go relax under a palm tree with a Mai Tai!

Thanks for all of the help you, Joe, and others provide here. I will do what I can as well

Stay warm and dry. Summer is coming!

Aloha
Old 02-11-2008, 03:57 PM

Jef
To change the column width, drag the diamond on the right of the column heading to the left. Drag it left past the left diamond to delete the column
Just a thought. If you are going to memorize the report go to modify, then Headre/footer and change the report title. This will let you see and find the memorized report easier.