DocuSend QuickBooks App Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Canada Forum

Old 04-19-2017, 02:51 PM

Editing QB bank feed file

Does anyone know a way to edit the bank feed file to remove unwanted transactions? We started our QB file on April 1st and I only have the option to download 3 months of transactions from the bank, so there are 100s of entries that cannot be matched. I would like to find a way to remove the entries before April 1st but cannot find a way to do so. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael Trotz
Old 04-20-2017, 04:30 AM

I do not use bank feeds, but I thought there was an option to "ignore" the import on a transaction by transaction basis - no?
Old 04-20-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVTrotz View Post
Does anyone know a way to edit the bank feed file to remove unwanted transactions? We started our QB file on April 1st and I only have the option to download 3 months of transactions from the bank, so there are 100s of entries that cannot be matched. I would like to find a way to remove the entries before April 1st but cannot find a way to do so. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michael Trotz
just ignore the transaction in the bank feed. That's the easiest solution. Why you need to mess up with the OBO?
It's a special mark up file created by Intuit. It has its own syntax/structure. You can open it with any text editor like Notepad/WordPad, remove the transaction you don't want. But you have to make sure the structure/syntax of that file is still correct. Otherwise, the OBO will be corrupted and you can't import to QB.