Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 02-21-2003, 12:11 PM

Unhappy problems trying to print a reconciliation report

Sorry to post again, but things have come to a grinding halt until I can fix this. Is this a bug? Can anyone else print a proper reconciliation report with QuickBooks Pro 2003? I've never had any problems like this with QB99. Yesterday, Feb 20th I reconciled my Jan. bank statement, from Jan 1 to Jan 31. For some reason QuickBooks is stuck on Feb 17th. I typed the correct date in, but it still prints "period ending 02/17/2003". Why is it stuck on Feb 17? When I try to print the report, the report is 127 pages long? If I print to file instead, the file is mostly unreadable. If I try to filter the dates from 01/01/03 to 01/31/03 the report does not show ANY cleared checks. Could someone confiirm that the reconciliation report function either works correctly or not with version 2003?

I REALLY RESENT INTUIT'S STRONG-ARM FORCING ME TO UPGRADE TO A BUGGY PROGRAM!!!!!!! This combined with having to shell out an additional $169 for the 2003 tax tables when I purchased a 2003 product has left me with a VERY bad taste in my mouth!

Tony
Old 02-21-2003, 01:24 PM

Tony,

What date was used on the Begin Reconcillation screen? (the screen where you input the closing balance before checking off the cleared transactions).

Believe this is where program takes report date from.

LJR
Old 02-21-2003, 05:08 PM

Hi LJR,

I set the date to Jan 31, 2003. I'm certain of this because I have re-tried it several times (by restoring my company file from a backup made just before reconciling). Thanks for any help.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:41 PM

but..works OK with personal account

I have my personal checking account as a separate company. I just tried reconciling my personal checking account and it works perfectly normally. Now I'm really confused. Something must be very wrong somewhere.
Old 02-22-2003, 02:43 PM

Another user posted the same problem recently, and the same circumstance (upgrade from QB99 to 2003). I'm wondering whether you are supposed to upgrade to an intermediate version first, like we do for older versions in NZ.

Regards
Mike
Old 02-22-2003, 03:21 PM

I have clients who have gone from 6 & 99 to 2003 and reconciled with no problem. Is there any chance that your data is corrupted?

Something sounds strange if your personal works and the biz doesn't - run verify and see what happens.
FAX (805) 687-9085
nancy@bottomline-sb.com
Old 02-24-2003, 05:54 PM

Thanks Nancy. I ran Verify and there were no errors. I did some experiments and it appears this is a one-time problem. When I faked a Feb. reconcile, everything appears to work OK. The problem is I had no hardcopy of the Jan. reconcile as the report is well over 100 pages and a "Print to File" produces garbage. However I managed to solve the problem by doing a "Transfer to Excel". However, the file is quite large: 8,014 lines! I don't know what else to do. I'll finish the reconcile and see what happens next month. Thanks for any help.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:54 PM

Hi, on another thread Joey has written that this only happens the first time you reconcile, so you should be fine from here on.

Regards
Mike