Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > Suggestion Box

Old 07-12-2004, 06:14 PM

Individual-consumer-friendly invoices

Hello-

It would be really great if QB Pro Invoices allowed some statement-type information to be included. In short, I'm looking for something like the bills one receives from utility companies or credit card companies: an ability to show in one form the starting balance, the current charges for this invoice, an invoice total, and a "balance due" that reflects the starting balance. Maybe this could be an additional entity called (for example) "customer bill" (as opposed to invoice or statement).

I think this is especially useful for businesses with individual consumers as customers. Individuals are used the utility bill format of seeing current charges, but a balance that reflects the account balance. Most of us think in terms of a running total.

I'm working with a small non-profit school trying to figure out how to use QB Pro for billing. Most families would find it confusing to receive a statement referencing invoice numbers with one total, along with an invoice for the current month and a different total. Yes, they could be trained, but why force that issue to fit a software package's restriction when most of the other bills they get are in the format they are used to? I'd have a rebellion on my hands.

I've notice in looking at the Quickbooks User Forum this same issue comes up in the form of "How do I make it do this?".

I'm currently working in QB Pro 2001, so I'm hoping to hear "We took care of that- you'll find it in the 2004 edition". If not, I hope you (Intuit folks) seriously consider this.

Thank you,
Old 07-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Head Flunky

Send a message via AIM to crazysonoran Send a message via Yahoo to crazysonoran
QuickBooks 2003 and up have a feature on the statement that allows you to put invoice details in the body. It puts a summary of the invoice in the lines right below where it lists that invoice. Order a trial copy of QuickBooks Premier/Pro 2004 and load a copy of your data file into it and see if it does what you are looking for.