Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > Suggestion Box

Old 12-09-2004, 12:15 PM

Sequencing Recincile

I enter a lot of debit card transactions, and a lot of ATM withdrawals for several of our company's checking accounts. Now that it's possible in Pro to specify which data fields appear in the Reconcile window, it would be really handy if there was also a way to order the reconcile window strictly by date. Our bank's statements combine the transactions into several different categories - checks, electronic transactions, and loan payments all appear together - but they're always in chronological order. Because the Reconcile window puts them in "alphanumeric" order, shifting up and down the list in the Reconcile window is sometimes painfully slow

Last edited by Bentley; 12-09-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:13 PM

Try this:

All electronic w/d ... use the 'check number' field (let's use December).... ewDec01, ewDec02, etc. This will put all your e/w's together on the bank rec and in date order.

On the loan payments, use lpDec01, loDec02, etc....so all your lp's for December are grouped.

Your checks will be grouped just like your bank statement....by number and date.

You can use any code you like....the reason I use the month as part of it is because there are many accounts that I clean up/reconcile months at a time.....so this keeps me from scrolling and allows me to enter missing transactions very quickly.

Rox :-)

Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
Visit us at: www.Consulting4qb.com