DocuSend QuickBooks App Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Enterprise Edition Forum

Old 05-19-2017, 01:38 AM

Custom ledger report

HI ALL,
How can i customize report according to my need, by not using memorizing report?
So that whenever I open ledger of an account it should display the report with the customized columns instead of their default columns.

Regards
Old 05-19-2017, 10:22 AM

In my few short months of using QuickBooks, I learned only that you must customize & memorize. The layouts of many of the standard reports annoys me somewhat, but memorizing my version (and adding to my "favorites") works just as easily. Most times the generated report gets dumped into Excel, anyway, where data gets shuffled around and modified. If you keep a very short listing among your "favorites," you can quickly launch.

If your question refers specifically to General Ledger detail, you can specify exact accounts to populate within your saved reports. Sometimes an easier way is to run the transactions by account after double-clicking on the account from a financial report. Then memorize that report after selecting the single or multiple accounts. But you can only pick what columns you want displayed - not the order.