Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Enterprise Edition Forum

Old 06-30-2017, 09:58 AM

Received wrong item into inventory & invoice has been paid.

Our Receiving clerk received the wrong item into inventory and the invoice has been paid before he had a chance to correct the inventory mistake.

When trying to correct the error, a warning message states that modifying this transaction will cause one or more builds to become pending, which we obviously don't want to happen.

Is there any way to correct this error without opening previously closed builds?

We're using QBS Desktop Enterprise 17.0.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:51 AM

edit the transaction and change it to the correct item, qty and insure the price stays the same - you have to stock what actually came in.

If the wrong item was received and is listed in an assembly BOM, and you built the assembly - how did that happen without the correct part on hand? Let the build go pending, order the correct items you need, and then build the assembly
Old 07-03-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustler View Post
edit the transaction and change it to the correct item, qty and insure the price stays the same - you have to stock what actually came in.

If the wrong item was received and is listed in an assembly BOM, and you built the assembly - how did that happen without the correct part on hand? Let the build go pending, order the correct items you need, and then build the assembly
I bit the bullet and edited the transaction to correct the receiving error. Now I'm having to track down all the assemblies that opened up as a result and re-close them, which is a complete pain.

The original assembly was able to be built because we had enough inventory on hand of the item that was incorrectly received.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:36 AM

under reports > inventory is a pending build list report that should help.

Once you receive the correct part for the assembly those pending builds can be built
Old 07-05-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustler View Post
under reports > inventory is a pending build list report that should help.

Once you receive the correct part for the assembly those pending builds can be built
Yes, I was using the pending builds report to keep track of which builds re-opened after I completed the error correction.

It was like a domino effect, once I'd close one build, several more would open up as a result of closing them. Obviously, this is not the best workaround, but it's the only solution I've found so far.