Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 01-04-2018, 05:40 PM

Missing QBW File

I am missing a qbw file, that I recently used. I have a qbb file but QuickBooks will not restore it. Any ideas on the missing qbw file or why the qbb file will not restore?

I am worried I am going to have to re-create the entire year for 2017!

I am a bookkeeper with multiple company files...more than 20 but this has never been a problem before.

Thanks For Any Help!

Patti B
Old 01-05-2018, 06:03 AM

Never heard of that one before
have you brought up windows explorer and type qbw in the search box?
Old 01-05-2018, 09:11 AM

QBW Missing FIle

Yes thanks Rustler, I have tried everything and just in case you ever run into this, here is what has happened...

This fie was transferred over by a QuickBooks customer service tech, from a Mac computer to my QB Pro (windows). My personal computer tech thinks that the QB tech, never saved the file as a QBW and that I had been operating off of a QBB for the last 9 months. Somehow the QBB file would not work anymore and I couldn't get it to restore. We finally made a copy of it, saved it to my desktop and then renamed it as a .QBW. Of course it warned me it could be unstable by renaming it, but it did the trick and now I have been able to restore that .QBW file.

Unfortunately, it has created one other issue on my computer...I keep getting an incessant pop up message that says my recycle bin is corrupt and do I want to empty it...I keep telling it no because the last time that happened, when I said yes, it really messed things up for me.

Thanks for your response!