Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 12-28-2017, 04:21 PM

Failure to Email Invoices from Quickbooks Pro 2016

I have emailed customer invoices from QB Pro for years. Suddenly, it has stopped working.

This is what is happening: When I hit "Send" to email an invoice, I get the pop-up to enter my email password. Then it tells me that the email and/or password are wrong and to try again. I have verified that both the email and the password are entered correctly. Same error issues.

I have also run through all the QB "Help" options to no avail.

My work-around at the moment is to save a pdf of the invoice to my computer then email that to the customer. This is sufficing, but I'd rather the system work the way it should.

Does anyone have a solution for correcting this email error and getting the program to work properly again?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
Kim M
Old 01-04-2018, 10:37 AM

This has to do with security updates and it's a royal pain; I had the same issue. Here's what I ended up doing based on a feedback from Intuit. I'm pasting the email response from support below (and it worked; it was just a pain). One other note - I had major problems with Outlook 365; it kept crashing and locking up (both Outlook and QBs) - but it works with Outlook 2010 just fine. I work from Outlook vs. Gmail because I can't stand the Gmail interface :-)

He suggested that we try to go with a gmail account but keep 2 step off and to try it with the gmail. when you click send it will have a window pop up and enter your intuit password. They said that it should work. these are the steps for that and also the prots that it will ask for as well as a link at the bottom of this email.
1. From the QuickBooks Edit menu, select Preferences and click Send Forms.
2. Select Web Mail and click Add.
3. Fill out the Add Email Info and click OK.
4. Click OK to save the changes.

Important
 Unlike with Secure Webmail, QuickBooks Desktop will prompt you to enter your Web Mail password the first time you send an email using regular web mail.
 See QuickBooks will not accept my web mail password if you already followed the steps in this KB but QuickBooks Desktop still won't accept your password.
 For Cox users: The standard SMTP setting of Cox is not to use SSL or login information when sending emails. QuickBooks Desktop prefers SSL connections and requires log in information. Therefore, using port 25 and no SSL connection with SMTP does not work with QuickBooks. The alternative is to use SSL with port 587 or 465.
 For CableOne users: Use the following credentials since CableOne uses Google servers.
o Email Address: Your Email
o Email Provider: Gmail
o Port: 587 or 465
o SSL: Yes

I hope it helps!

Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
Visit us at: www.Consulting4qb.com
Old 01-04-2018, 04:51 PM

qbsrox, thank you! The steps didn't actually help me, but it did get me attacking this issues once again. I deleted my account again. Then set it up again. It still didn't work. THEN I checked a box. And like MAGIC, it worked!

For future reference, Here is what I did. I use aol.com for mail. So....
1. From the QuickBooks Edit menu, select Preferences and click Send Forms.
2. Select Web Mail and click Add.
3. Fill out the Add Email Info and click OK.
For AOL.COM mail the settings are:
a. (your email)
b. Outgoing Server: smtp.aol.com
c. Port: 587
4. ***Check the "SSL/TLS" box.
5. Click OK to save the changes.
6. Click OK again to close Preferences window.

I can't believe the issues I've had over that little checkbox. Lol!

Thank you again for your reply!
KimM