Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 06-12-2017, 10:26 PM

Invoice ?

Is there a way to run a missing invoice numbers report? For example: I might show invoice #100, #102, #103, etc but I would like to know that #101 was missing.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:40 AM

Export to Excel

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl View Post
Is there a way to run a missing invoice numbers report? For example: I might show invoice #100, #102, #103, etc but I would like to know that #101 was missing.
You could create a memorized invoice report and export it to Excel. Then re-sort the spreadsheet to isolate the invoice numbers sequentially. Throw in a conditional "if" formula to flag the missing ones. (e.g., =if(A1+1<>A2,"xxxxx","-") Test out my simple formula on a blank spreadsheet.

Our company likes QB's ability to choose specific invoice numbers, because our complicated invoicing process originates from a third party program. We enter those oddball invoice numbers into QB, since we utilize every other A/R feature (aging, payment app, sales by territory, CM/DM, etc.)
Old 06-13-2017, 07:47 PM

I will have to try it out when I find some time. Thank you for this idea.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:04 AM

Try running the Missing Check report then modify it for AR account and Invoice transactions.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 PM

Is there a button that says modify?
Old 06-26-2017, 05:04 PM

Joe,
I went to missing checks report, then customize, filters, then transaction type, (accounts receivable is not listed), then invoice. It did not work....it is blank. Any more ideas?
Old 06-26-2017, 06:18 PM

QB Enterprise has one...

Unsure what QB Pro looks like, but with QB Enterprise we can search the report center for various reports. One exists for "missing invoices" as report ID CR616. It throws a highlighted section where the sequence is broken.

Otherwise, my Excel solution will work very well. Once you create an Excel template, you can copy/insert your extracted data and copy the formula down the page.

Identifying missing invoices can catch forms of embezzlement or tax fraud. QB is not at all strict at the sequencing, so somebody can easily produce invoices outside the program (directing the recipient to pay another address or fund another bank). Finding missing invoices will tell you much, unless you can trace it back to goods leaving the premises.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:08 AM

The closest I can come is to use reports>accountant & Taxes> transaction list by date
click customize, set the sort by field to num, click filters and select only the a/r account under the account filter