Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Other QuickBooks Forums > Suggestion Box

Poll: Should the General Journal Entry Memo print out untruncated?
Poll Options
Should the General Journal Entry Memo print out untruncated?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-16-2004, 05:09 PM

Unhappy General Journal Entry Memo Printing

When entering a general journal entry, it's usually an entry which requires explanation. But, when you choose the print option to memorialize the entry on paper, the memo area is truncated and the explanation isn't printed so it can be read.

We need the option to "stretch" the columns before printing, just as you do in the reports.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:40 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you for your post! I joined this site months ago looking for a solution to this problem. I haven't found one yet, but it is good to know I'm not the only one! The user should be able to modify the columns as in other reports.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:48 PM

Unhappy

The journal entry function should also allow the user to locate a prior entry without having to scroll thru (perhaps hundreds) of entries to locate a journal entry from (say 2 years ago).
Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 PM

Yes intuit get your act together

for some reason my accountant wants me to write out by hand all general journal entries I make I think this is a waste of time and double up of work don't know why he wants this have asked him no real answer was the reply It would be good if I could just print the whole year off in one hit that is only general journal entries I make nothing else
Old 12-14-2010, 04:05 AM

Have you tried using the Journal report for the full fiscal year and modifying it and removing the Trans#, Type and Adj columns and filtering for just Journal transactions? If you print it landscape you can enlarge the Memo field and narrow the Credit and Debit columns to get a larger description.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:51 PM

part time jobs

Keep on reading if you want to use this approach to backlinking. Whether you’re creating links to your 300 internet marketers internet site or any other website, you must focus on using whitehat strategies to obtain long term results.
Use Forum Posting: When dealing with whitehat link building, you should always remember to use forums and discussion boards. Numerous available forums are okay with you placing your website link in the signature of your forum post. If your website is about one particular subject, the chances are high that you can find and post on a forum that focuses on the same subject. However, in order to make forum link building really work for you, you should only select forums that are active. This is because active forums are considered to be valuable by the search engines. So, you must focus on the amount as well as the value. In addition, when you first start out putting your links in your signature posts, you will get new people to your website because they clicked on this link to your blog.