Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > Welcome and Info > Getting Acquainted - Introductions

Old 06-04-2017, 11:34 AM

Just an introduction...

Hi,
I have been a user of QuickBooks for so long I can't remember! As I'm in my eightieth year, this is not surprising. I am not an accountant, but a simple bookkeeper, and the flexibility of this product is just what I need.
At present I am using the desktop version of QB Pro 2015, which fills my needs exactly. I am unsure whether the 'cloud' versions would be any better. The reason being I work with the Church of England as a Treasurer. In our parish we have 4 churches, each with their individual needs and also the need for a combined set of accounts. It has taken me a fair amount of time constructing this Chart of Accounts, but it seems to work. Having the facility of 'Classes' is a big help. Looking back through my library I see that the first version I used was Version 6, however, I am still learning.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:25 PM

Welcome to the forums! I hope you find answers to any questions you might have, and it sounds like you have wisdom to share with people needing help with church bookkeeping!

If the desktop version is giving you everything you need, you might notice too many limitations if you switch to the online version. Keeping your file "in the cloud" by using hosted QuickBooks will enable you to keep using the full desktop version, though.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Boy View Post
Hi,
I am unsure whether the 'cloud' versions would be any better.
Welcome.
Easy answer is no, but check this and decide, a non partisan comparison of QBO vs QB desktop
http://onsale-apparel.com/Rustler/qbo-or-qbdt
Old 08-11-2017, 09:21 AM

Talking Welcome

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the contact. I too am in my eightieth year and have been using QuickBooks since V. 4. I'm Hon. Treas. for a Parish of 4 churches, and use 'Classes' to differentiate between each church and its income and expense.
But, like everything else, it adheres to the GIGO syndrome, (Garbage In = Garbage Out).
However, the ability to call an account what it is, is a great help. I am also acquainted with 'Sage', a system of accounting for accountants!!! I know which I prefer.

Kind regards,

Brian.