Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 04-17-2017, 05:17 PM

CSV2IIF or CSV2QBO?

Hi Everyone,
Up to this point I've been writing my invoices in Word and tracking my deductible expenses and taxable income in an Excel spreadsheet and it's worked pretty well, but I'd really like to streamline this process and be able to track everything more efficiently - I figured QB would be the way to go.

I'm totally new to Quickbooks so I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the ins and outs of the software and I've realized that there is no means to import my transactions from Excel unless I have the Accounting version of QB or I use a tool - this is where I need your help.

After doing a bunch of searching I found a couple tools from propersoft.net that look like they'll do the job - CSV2IIF and CSV2QBO. It seems that both of them do about the same thing but they're just slightly different in their execution. It also seems like you have to keep QB up to date to use the QBO version (within 3 years, but not an issue as I'll keep it up-to-date). Also, they said that IIF was lower level and a little more involved? I don't mind having a more powerful tool at the expense of some complexity as I can manipulate a lot in Excel and also do some programming, so formatting data appropriately isn't a big deal. But I don't want to be doing a bunch of work if it really isn't needed.

Also what might be worth mentioning is that I'd like to reconcile my bank accounts, credit card statements, Paypal, and anything else possible, in addition to importing all my transactions from Excel. I currently bank with BOFA and US Bank and I think I remember that they output WebConnect files which don't require conversion? But I'm guessing there.

So, anyone have any thoughts on this? Am I heading in the right direction with one of those two utilities (CSV2IIF or CSV2QBO) - any opinions one or the other?

Thanks!
Mike
Old 04-25-2017, 11:40 AM

Just wanted to bump this hoping someone might have some thoughts on this. I'm still having trouble figuring out exactly what I need. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2017, 04:54 AM

csv 2 iif is only for desktop
csv 2 qbo is only for QB online

they are two different software packages and do not share information, you use one or the other exclusively.

There is also transaction pro importer for desktop
Old 04-26-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustler View Post
csv 2 iif is only for desktop
csv 2 qbo is only for QB online

they are two different software packages and do not share information, you use one or the other exclusively.

There is also transaction pro importer for desktop
qbo is not QB Online. It's just a file format that allows the user to import transactions through the bank feed.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:09 AM

Uniz you are right, I see QBO so much I just went with it automatically