Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 05-18-2002, 04:25 PM

Question Customising remittance advice form

I'm a new user of QuickBooks Pro 2001 (verion 9), transferring a small service business account from another package. Our sub-contractors do not submit bills, ut are paid monthly for their service input. We would like to create a bill for their work in QB, and then send them a remittance Advice form stating their payment and detailing what it is for. Can anyone out there help with this: either how to customise the Remittance Advice form (with our logo etc and including some detail on the work done), or suggest another approach?
Old 05-19-2002, 09:17 PM

I don't know how different the UK version is from the US. Does QuickBooks have a "Remittance Advice" form over there? (we do not) If so can you access it by selecting "Templates" from the "Lists" menu?

Let me know and I might be able to help you from there.
Old 05-20-2002, 06:23 AM

We also operate in the UK.

Sorry, there is no way to amend the Remittance Advice Template. As with Cheques and Payslips, the format is fixed.

The only workaround I can suggest is a customised and saved report which gives you the information you need (possibly using the memo fields to record special details) and then printing on to a standard letterhead to get address, logo etc.

You can change the report header and insert a footer to help make it more user friendly.

We use this approach to give our sub-contractors information on their Construction Industry Tax Scheme vouchers for the month. Not brilliant, and a bit cumbersome, but it does the job.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:10 AM

Thanks Terry and PaulGD for your replies. I had thought about customising a report, and hearing your comments I think we'll go down that route.
Old 05-21-2002, 08:33 AM

Since the UK version is different, this may not work, but you could customize a purchase order to read like a remittance form and use it instead. That way you could put in a logo, etc.. like you mentioned.
Old 05-21-2002, 10:52 AM

Yes, I have considered using a purchase order, and in fact I've customised it for our purposes - it's fine. However, we're are not altogether happy to use purchase orders when we don't really need. them. It seems to be another layer which needs attention, especially when we pass on subcontractor costs to customers, and when these need revision by credit notes.