Advertise here    

QuickBooks Forums      

Go Back   QuickBooks Forums > QuickBooks Software Support > QuickBooks Pro Forum

Old 01-06-2004, 03:52 PM

Question QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program

Are there any QuickBooks ProAdvisors out there? And, would any of you be interested in discussing this program?
Old 01-06-2004, 07:49 PM

I've been a ProAdvisor for years. I must say that the program has changed a alot this past year.

Do you have any specific questions/concerns? If you are wondering if the fee is worth it....in my opinion, it is...hands down. This year we received the Premier:Accountant Edition AND the Enterprise Edition, along with all the other materials.

Good Luck!

Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor
Visit us at: www.Consulting4qb.com
Old 01-06-2004, 09:42 PM

Question QuickBooks ProAdvisor Program

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY. (I MUST EXPLAIN THAT I USE CAP LETTERS BECAUSE MY EYESIGHT IS COMPROMISED AT THIS TIME.)

I, ALSO, HAVE BEEN A QUICKBOOKS PROADIVSOR SINCE THE PROGRAM WAS FIRST OFFERED. I HAVE BEEN A QUICKBOOKS USER SINCE ITS INCEPTION. BEFORE THAT, I USED QUICKEN FOR MY CLIENT ACCOUNTING (BEGINNING, CIRCA 1989???!) P.S. I AM OLD! (I WAS AMONG THE FIRST USERS OF QUICKEN THAT OFFERED (AT INTUIT’S INVITATION) SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW “QUICKEN” COULD BE IMPROVED TO BETTER SERVE THE ACCOUNTING PROFESSIONAL. I WAS VERY ACTIVE AND CONSCIENCIOUS IN OFFERING SUGGESTIONS TO INTUIT FOR WAYS TO MAKE QUICKEN MORE APPLICABLE TO ACCOUNTANTS. FOR EXAMPLE, EXPANDING THE “EQUITY” ACCOUNTS IN THE CHART OF ACCOUNTS, FOR EXAMPLE.

THE BENEFITS OF BECOMING A QUICKBOOKS PROFESSIONAL ADVISOR THAT WERE ORIGINALLY OFFERED SEEMED WELL WORTH THE COST AT THE TIME. WE RECEIVED PRIORITY TECHNICAL SUPPORT (15 INCIDENTS PER YEAR) AND OTHER PRIORITIES FOR ENROLLING IN THE "NEW" PROFESSIONAL ADVISOR" PROGRAM. OVER THE YEARS, HOWEVER, THE BENEFITS HAVE BEEN TAKEN AWAY -- DILUTED ONE AT A TIME. NOW WE ONLY GET TWO TECHNICAL SUPPORT INCIDENTS PER YEAR -- UNLESS WE SUBSCRIBE (PAY FOR!) ADDITIONAL TECH SUPPORT. AND I DISCOVERED TODAY THAT OUR PROADVISOR'S DISCOUNT (FOR EXAMPLE, 15% ON THE PURCHASE OF QUICKBOOKS PRO 2004 UPGRADE) IS ALSO BEING OFFERED TO OUR CLIENTS! SO, EVEN THAT IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO US AS PROADVISORS. YES, THIS YEAR WE RECEIVED A FULLY FUNCTIONAL VERSION OF QUICKBOOKS ENTERPRISE. BUT, BECAUSE OF THE GEOGRAPHIC/DEOMOGRAPHIC AREA THAT I LIVE IN, I ONLY HAVE ONE CLIENT THAT USES OR NEEDS TO USE "ENTERPRISE." (I DON'T NEED TO OWN A COPY FOR MY OWN USE, I CAN EASILY GO TO THEIR OFFICE TO DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE FOR THEM (MY CLIENT.) AND, SINCE MY OWN PRACTICE IS JUST ME, I CERTAINLY DON'T NEED THE SOPHISTICATION OF THE "ENTERPRISE" PRODUCTS FOR MY OWN BUSINESS ACCOUNTING! (I AM SURE THERE ARE MANY OTHER PROADVISORS LIKE MYSELF WHO FIND THEMSELVES IN THIS POSITION.) I FIND MYSELF WONDERING WHAT INCENTIVE THERE IS AT INTUIT FOR ME TO CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE QUICKBOOKS PROADVISOR PROGRAM. INTUIT APPARENTLY IS NOT INTERESTED IN ME, "A SMALL FRY." AND, FOR THAT MATTER.... OF WHAT BENEFIT AM I TO INTUIT AT ALL???? THE "QUICK REWARDS PROGRAM" APPARENTLY -- ACCORDING TO WHAT MY PROADVISOR "ADVISOR" TOLD ME YESTERDAY -- IS NO LONGER ACTIVE EITHER. THAT IS THE ONLY "INCENTIVE" THAT PERSUADED ME TO RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP THIS YEAR, AS I HAD "SOLD" ENOUGH NEW USERS AND UPGRADES DURING THE PREVIOUS YEAR TO GIVE ME A $100 DISCOUNT OFF OF MY RENEWAL FEE. (I WAS NOT ADVISED AT THE TIME OF RENEWAL THAT THE PROGRAM WAS NO LONGER IN FORCE!) NOW, AFTER I HAVE RENEWED MY MEMEBERSHIP, I HAVE FOUND OUT THE PROGRAM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SO I AM AT A LOSS AS TO WHY I AM EVEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROGRAM. THE SO-CALLED "REFERRAL BENEFITS" VIA THE INTERNET AND VARIOUS INTUIT WEBSITES HAVE NEVER BENIFITED ME, AND MOST LIKELY NEVER WILL.

MAYBE INTUIT IS JUST NOT INTERESTED IN ME AS A CONSULTANT WITH A VERY SMALL CLIENT BASE, LOCATED IN A RURAL, SPARSLY POPULATED GEOGRAPHIC AREA. I WONDER???????

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS?? I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED INDEED.

(PLEASE EXCUSE TYPOS, I TRIED VERY HARD TO CORRECT ALL THAT I FOUND. THANKS!)
Old 01-07-2004, 10:14 AM
Head Flunky

Send a message via AIM to crazysonoran Send a message via Yahoo to crazysonoran
I am considering joining because of the 'free' copy of Prem Accnt Edition everytime it is updated. I also consider the fact that there are no Pro Advisors in the area I live, and listing myself on the website may produce some clients for me. I was thinking that the Enterprise edition was just the trial, it really is the full version?

I also await some answers from some other pro-advisors.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:53 AM

Hi Gail, I too am an Advisor and have been using QuickBooks for many years. I appreciate that they send us all this free software and trial versions. But I am not sure how to use all this stuff.

For instance I have a client with whom I use QB Pro 2003, as does he. So I do his bookkeeping for him, use online payroll services, Direct Deposit services etc... and every month email him a backup so he has a current update on his computer. When I recieved all this Enterprise stuff last year and installed it on my computer, even in a different drive. I could not use my Direct Deposit feature in the 2003 vs., It said I couldnt do that with another vs. of QB on my system.

I un-installed the demo/trial/enterprise things so that I could continue using the features with my pro 2003 program and have not since then been able to go in and play with the new programs.

I would be really interested in finding out what the heck Im supposed to be doing with all this new information they are sendingme and how it affects my clients if I change my QB over to the newer vs's.

Tag, you're it
Old 01-07-2004, 05:51 PM

EVERY YEAR AT RENEWAL TIME, I GO THROUGH THE PROCESS OF DECIDING WHETHER OR NOT TO RENEW MY QUICKBOOKS PROADVISOR MEMBERSHIP. AS I PREVIOUSLY STATED (AT LENGTH), BENEFITS HAVE BEEN GIVEN AND TAKEN AWAY SO MANY TIMES THAT I'M JUST NOT SURE THAT IT BENEFITS ME MUCH. AND, THE "RULES AND BENEFITS" CHANGE SO OFTEN -- HERE TODAY, GONE TOMORROW.

YES, THIS YEAR WE DID RECEIVE WITH OUR PRO 2004 EDITION AND FULL WORKING COPY OF QB ENTERPRISE 2004. ENTERPRISE IS THE HIGH-END, EXPENSIVE VERSION OF QUICKBOOKS THAT CAN HANDLE MANY MORE TRANSACTIONS AND GREATER FILE SIZE, AMONG OTHER TECHNICAL DIFFERENCES. IT IS HAS AUTOMATIC 10-USER CAPABILITY. INSIDE, "ENTERPRISE" LOOKS AND WORKS VIRTUALLY EXACTLY LIKE QUICKBOOKS. I ONLY HAVE ONE CLIENT WHO USES IT. THEY WERE FORCED TO UPGRADE TO IT BECAUSE THEIR FILE SIZE HAD GROWN TO A SIZE UNMANAGABLE IN QUICKBOOKS PRO. (THEY ARE A MEDICAL FACILITY.) THE FACT THAT I NOW HAVE A COPY OF MY OWN OF "ENTERPRISE" DOES NOT BENEFIT ME. I AM JUST A FEW BLOCKS AWAY FROM ALL OF MY CLIENTS, AND I PROCESS ALL OF THEIR ACCOUNTING ONSITE. AS FAR AS THE REFERRALS INTUIT GIVE US AS PROADVISORS, I HAVE ONLY GOTTEN ONE IN THE PAST 6 YEARS.

OTHER THINGS THAT BOTHER ME ARE FOUND IN MY PREVIOUS POSTING SO I WILL NOT REITERATE. PART OF MY PROBLEM IS THAT I AM AND HAVE BEEN LOCATED IN RURAL AREAS AT TIMES AND AM PRESENTLY LIVING IN A RETIREMENT COMMUNITY WITH NOTHING BUT VERY SMALL BUSINESSES, RUN BY FOLKS THAT WANT TO "KEEP IT SIMPLE AND SMALL." (AND PLAY GOLF ALL DAY!) "GROWING" MY BUSINESS OR THEIRS FOR THAT MATTER IS NOT RELEVANT HERE.

I WOULD JUST ENJOY HEARING OTHERS' THOUGHTS ABOUT THE PROGRAM AND THEIR EXPERIECES. JUST BECAUSE IT DOESN'T BENEFIT ME DOESN'T MEAN IT WOULDN'T BENEFIT YOU. FOR SOME, IT MAY BE A GREAT ASSET.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:24 PM

I AM SO NEW TO FORUMS THAT I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THEM. THERE HAVE BEEN RESPONSES TO MY "POSTS" THAT I WANT TO RESPOND TO PERSONALLY (THAT IS, TO THE INDIVIDUAL WHO HAS SENT A RESPONSE.) I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT. I WANT TO SEND A PERSONAL RESPONSE TO ONE OR MORE OF THE PEOPLE WHO RESPONDED TO MY ORIGINAL POST, BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW. COULD YOU FOLKS HELP ME?
Old 01-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Head Flunky

Send a message via AIM to crazysonoran Send a message via Yahoo to crazysonoran
This website doesn't support private messages and emailing. Which I find odd since every other bulletin board I participate in does support it. The only person we can Private message or email is Shannon.