View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 10:42 AM

Smile

Rustler - thanks for your reply!

"QB work on items, if you want to track rebar, then you have to use an item for rebar. If you use an item that says materials with a lump sum - that is what is tracked."
- Let me try to explain this another way - say for a project I have material coming from a vendor AND from inventory, would there be any way for me to bill this to customer in one line item on the invoice? Or would I need a line that ties to my inventory account and then a line that ties to my retail materials?
- If i have $100 in material accounted to the job, then I bill the customer $200 in material - what does QB do with the extra $100 - would it get credited to my material account (when in reality it's mark up and profit).

"Why would a vendor bill you (his invoice) if the numbers are not final? What does your tech have to do with the vendor selling you something?" - In the morning an employee will pick up materials for project - say a 100 foot roll of wire, if he ends up only using 70' the extra 30' feet can't get billed to customer. If I enter the vendor invoice as it shows up on the website - the customer account gets all of the 100'. With that context can does that help with the question?

Thank you so much.