View Full Version : Other users getting kicked off QB
07-02-2003, 10:54 AM
I am running QB Pro 2001 in a multi-user setting with the data file on one computer and the other computers access it over a network.
The problem is that we keep losing connections. It is a problem we have had off and on for quite some time.
Any ideas how to cure this? I want to stay with QB but this problem is harming productivity and causing much frustration !
07-03-2003, 03:28 PM
Which operating system and network software are you using?
Do you have a network icon near the time display, and if so does it stay on and active?
Are you able to do other cross-network things when QB loses the connection?
What exactly happens - QB freezes? Or does it come up with any messages?
Are you sure it doesn't just get so slow that you think it's died, but actually it's struggling to handle five users all doing Finds and Stock Valuation reports? (See previous reports of multi-user slowdowns on this forum.)
Do you use 'Map Network Drive' to access the QB file on the server PC?
How big is your company file?
07-14-2003, 09:38 AM
1. Operating system Windows 98
2. No network icon near time display
3. Other cross network things when QB loses display. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
4. what happens ? QB freezes, sometimes says connection to QB lost; sometimes error code 55, sometimes when try to reconnect, it says user already logged on.
5. No, it will not work or says we're kicked off. Only 3 users at one time maximum.
6. Yes, use mapped network drive.
7. Company file is 78754 KB
Thanks for thinking about this !
07-15-2003, 10:22 AM
I believe we have solved this problem--had a tech come out and he replaced our NIC card. So far, so good !
Thanks for your input!
Appreciate it !
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.