View Full Version : What do you want in version 2004?
06-26-2003, 03:30 PM
As a QB Pro Advisor, Intuit have just sent me an invitation to tell them what I would like to see in version 2004. I have to reply by 10th July. So all contributions from forum members will be welcome.
06-26-2003, 05:28 PM
Less than an hour later I'm up to number 33! See attached.
06-26-2003, 11:42 PM
Small comment on payment terms. In NZ we use 20th of the following month as payment term, which we set as date driven, due on 20th, due next month if issued within 20 days of date, or whatever that box says.
This ought to work for 31st (EOM) or 15th, or whatever day of next month.
I was struck by how many of your suggestions are already in MYOB!
06-27-2003, 06:07 AM
The following is what I think would be useful to have in new upgrades:
1. A "notes" icon on the invoicing or bills entry screen. At the moment one has to go to edit and then to notes. If any notes have been added to any customers or suppliers file then a message should flash notifying this.
2. Individual customer pricing. We should be able to set a price for a customer which would appear every time the customer was invoiced. Not changed by % increment. Actually set per item.
3. Some indication of the stock position in the invoicing and bill entry screens. A small window which could say how much is in stock and on order and allocated to other customers.
4. A lock on templates. It takes ages to customise a template. A lock would ensure the templates are not changed by unauthorised users.
5. A serious ACCOUNT ON STOP notification facility set up in the customers file. If a customer was put on stop, this would flash on the screen when a user tries to invoice this party.
6. Allow early payment discounts to be calculated by software and shown on the invoice.
06-27-2003, 11:31 AM
Thank you, Kamal Shah, I shall add your suggestions. Your item 2 is covered by my item 17, but apart from that, we don't overlap.
06-27-2003, 11:34 AM
To james-ca: I use a similar method, but it goes loopy in February if you want 'last day of month'. I don't see why we couldn't have it properly programmed in.
Nice list - such flexible software it's interesting to see what others are after. Here are my top picks from many - some are duplicates to add weight to those ideas/requests.
1. Much better quality control I was able to find several bugs in the software in 2002 in a couple of hours and now we have problems with 2003. Intuit should do the work on this so we can happily upgrade every year looking forward to new features and working out how we can benefit from them. My experiences with the last two versions have left me very reluctant to upgrade again unless I really really have to. It can become a downward spiral.
2. Someway of reporting bugs with a response. I know that often the user is at fault but there seems to be no system of reporting a bug if we really really think we have found one - and so also no way of knowing if they are going to be fixed.
3. Ability to find what bugs are known so we can work around them and not waste hours. We don't expect perfect software but shouldn't individually be wasting time checking something that is actually bug related without us realising it.
3. More custom fields on items - I could happily use about another 10 - these should ideally be from a choice of freeform text, money or drop down boxes.
4. The ability to add notes to items.
5. Addition of a tick box on notes for customers and items and maybe others that would force a pop up box to appear if selected saying they should be read - would be very flexible- so can put a customer on stop or any other message such as temporary special offer on an item with the pricing.
6.Able to do a filter on the audit report on - who entered by - so I can check entries done by someone else - say a new member of staff on the system - and while at it removal of all the altered names and addresses junk that currently appears on the end of the report.
7. Addition of notes to the accounts in chart of account so put reminders on as to why or how it is being used. So all that information is contained within quickbooks rather than a separate document.
- Ability to overwrite the computed VAT on the Sales Invoice (as is the case for Bills).
- Optional numeric field for bills (many companies file purchase invoices numerically - the memo field can be used but does not allow "finding" of numeric ranges)
06-27-2003, 04:30 PM
How about resolving the VAT problems you see in this Forum or at the very least not making them worse. I would like to see Intuit employing an external firm of UK accountants to test the VAT areas before release. Otherwise I fear another balls-up.
06-27-2003, 04:41 PM
One more thing - can we have in the UK a support web site like in the US - http://www.quickbooks.com/support/sindex.html
06-28-2003, 05:18 AM
Thank you all for your responses. I will collate them all into an update of my attachment when I get a moment this weekend.
One thing occurs to me as a programmer. We must remember that some posts on these forums have reported slow-downs and problems when company files get big, and with multi-users it get worse. Adding more fields and facilities is bound to make it worse. It may be that Intuit would consider splitting the company file. That would be a mixed blessing.
07-06-2003, 12:06 PM
add an ODBC driver to the list please
07-07-2003, 07:12 AM
I would like to see a default sequential numbering in the reference number part of the enter bills window, similar to that in the invoice window. I put a sequential number on every bill that comes in so I can find them in the files.
I would like details entered in the payments received window e.g. document number and memo, tranferred to the payments to deposit window and then to the bank account register window. It is a pain having to do this manually every time.
I think the record button in the bank account register window should be on the left hand side like it used to be as this is the side where the pointer usually ends up when you have altered things.
I would like to see the cheque number which quickbooks is proposing to apply visible in the pay bills window. I'm always having to check this is correct manually.
I would like the VAT 100 report to show the last VAT quarter beginning and end dates in the window, not just as of the end of the VAT quarter date. My quickbooks is currently adding up the last 2 VAT quarters together for some reason, and it cant be corrected. Fortunately the VAT detail report is correct.
I hope you can help to get these things changed, they have been irritating me for years
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.