PDA

View Full Version : custom invoices / adding formulas

Meganou
03-06-2007, 02:00 PM
I know I can create a custom invoices - so I'd like to have a field show the quantity ordered by the customer, another field with the quantity back ordered if any, and then the total quantity shipped per line item. In my manual invoices on excel, I'm able to do that and key in formulas so that when I type in how many are shipped, it automatically shows the quantity back ordered in that field so the customer knows what's missing in the shipment.

So in QuickBooks I can create the fields the way I want, but is there a way to enter formulas so it calculates the back ordered quantities automatically? It would be nice to reduce chances of errors.

Thanks in advance,
Meganou

Joe Williams
03-06-2007, 03:32 PM
There is no caculateing field that you can add to invocies. You can add rext fields that you can enter invormation in but that is a manual operation on each invoice.

lisa_mn
03-06-2007, 06:59 PM
There is a QB add-on called FormCalc that will add calculating columns. Their website is www.goflagship.com

Or, if you're going to be spending money anyway, you might as well upgrade to QB Premier which supports sales orders and back orders without needing anything else.