PDA

View Full Version : Forms templates for download?

Money Penny
07-06-2006, 07:38 AM
I see there are forms templates you can download fromt he US website, but the form I downloaded will not work in my QB here. Are there Australian forms templates available for download in Australia?

Just starting to realise how much work is involved in creating all these myself from scratch!

Cheers

reuelt
04-08-2007, 03:59 AM
There are 15 australian forms oz*.des templates included in my QB premier 2004 sitting in "C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Premier" that I never knew I always had.
2 are remittance advise forms templates that I always wanted but didn't get to used for 3 yrs.
filenames:-
"OZRemitAdvi.DES"
"OZPrePrinted_Remittance_Advice_Tax_Invoice.DES"
Import using
LIST | template | template | import and you will see a list of .DES templates Import only those begining with "oz" for australia
(see attachment as proof)

ca, uk, nz forms are also there but of no use to me.

Money Penny
04-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks. Checked them out but they are pretty basic. I have to say that I have been disappointed a few times after choosing QB over MYOB and finding that there are issues like this. I don't understand why there have to be different file formats for things like this?

shazinoz
04-11-2007, 02:18 PM
I know what yo mean Money Penny, but the templates for MYOB forms are far more limiting & very time-consuming to edit as you have to edit the column/row "lines". This is done by extending or decreasing, while holding down the mouse button - extremely fiddly & tricky to get them to "meet-up" exactly. A tell-tale indication of a MYOB user: row &/or column lines "overhang" on their invoices!

On the flip side, QuickBooks form templates:

Can be "duplicated" - saves you re-creating a new one (as is the case in MYOB)
Fields can be moved precisely - in MYOB they seem to have positioning limitations and will often "bounce back" when trying to position them on the form template!
Can be "Previewed" - in MYOB, you have to save the template & actually print a transaction using that template in order to see how it looks!......... I could continue .......!!!!

If you are able to email to me the template you want to use, I should be able to re-create in QB & email it back to you so you can import it into your QB company file.

What version of QuickBooks are you using?

Money Penny
04-13-2007, 04:07 AM
Interesting you say about lining things up, I have had a problem with that on occassion with Invioces I have created in QB. I have the current version of QB Pro (2006-2007).

Not sure what forms I want as I never bothered to browse them when I found out they were not compatable, I will take a look sometime and get back to you thanks.

Now if I could just work out how to put dates next to items in Invoices (for time billing) but that's a new question.

Cheers

reuelt
04-13-2007, 06:20 AM
To put date next to item just
Edit the service invoice
under column tab
tick both the service date column for screen and print.
(see attached)

After that polish up the template by Clicking on the forms Designer button.

Australian Version QB 2003, 2004, 2005 2006/07 and 2007/08 have compatible templates if same pro-pro, or premier-premier.

Money Penny
04-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Oh my goodness how stupid am I! I looked at that so many times trying to do that and there it was all along right at the top.. I swear it wasn't there when I looked before :)

Cheers!

PS: my goodness that really messes up the format of the template when you add colums and change orders... and I cannot undo it, oops, should have made a copy first! I cannot seem to find the forms in the file system...

shazinoz
04-14-2007, 12:31 PM
You should have both an "Undo" & "Redo" along the top of the "Layout Designer" window (the one where you can edit the look of your template) which will act on your latest change. You can also click "Cancel" rather than "OK" to close that window without saving your changes. You can also just press "Delete"on your keyboard, or the "Remove" button (along the top of the "Layout Designer" window) to remove any field or column while selecting it.

NB Often when you "add" a column or field, QB will warn you that this has caused overlapping with another column/field & will ask you if you want to "Skip" or "Re-Layout" the template to allow for this. I ALWAYS choose "Skip" & then re-position the column/field myself.
Reason? "Re-Layout" often changes the template too much & I then have to re-do many of my changes again!

Try printing-out your (blank) template (Lists > Templates, then dble click on the template you want to open it & click print), then go back into "Customise" & have a look at the fields & columns available to give you an idea what you do & don't want displayed on your invoice. Dble-clicking on a field or column containing text will bring up a "Properties" window where you can change the Font, Borders & Background. (I often find it useful, once I'm happy with my font size & style, to make a note of these on my blank template in case I want to use them on an existing template (eg: Times New Roman, 12pt, Bold, Italic etc)