PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks will not update.

jazzdrive
01-25-2005, 11:37 AM
We currently have three Quickbooks users. On one computer however, the Quickbooks update runs, but it always says "Never updated". It can't access the company file anymore since the other users are updated. It gives thee error #:15223 or 15101.

Any ideas of what I need to do? Thanks.

LinkyH
01-25-2005, 12:17 PM
What version of QB and Internet explorer are you using?

jazzdrive
01-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Quickbooks Pro 2004. IE 6, although it just does the updates through Quickbooks itself.

LinkyH
01-25-2005, 01:59 PM
To resolve this issue, follow these instructions in the order given:

From the Internet Explorer Help menu, choose About Internet Explorer. This will open a small window.
If you see the words Cipher Strength: 128 bit in the window, repair Internet Explorer (see the instructions below). Otherwise, proceed to step 3.
Click the Update Information (or similarly worded) link in the window to go to the Microsoft Web site. (If you do not see this link, see the instructions below to repair Internet Explorer.)
Follow the instructions at the Microsoft Web site to download and install a 128-bit High Encryption Pack, and then try downloading your update through QuickBooks again. If the download is unsuccessful, repair Internet Explorer.

jazzdrive
01-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I've already tried those instructions from the site. Nothing worked or helped. It has the 128-bit, and I've already repaired and uninstalled and installed it. Thanks anyway.

wendygld
01-31-2005, 12:07 PM
I am getting the same error. Did you ever resolve your problem? I have spent hours on the phone with QB techs that know nothing.

jazzdrive
01-31-2005, 12:43 PM
No, I've gotten nothing. So even the QB support couldn't help you?

wendygld
01-31-2005, 01:31 PM
No, they were worthless, and I talked to five different techs. I am using Pro 2002 which will not be supported any longer. Am ordering 2005 upgrade and hopefully the problem will be solved.

wendygld
02-04-2005, 11:01 PM
After upgrading to 2005 Pro, I was still unable to update payroll, was getting the same error as before. Finally, today I got the payroll update to work. I talked to numerous techs in the last week and finally got one that knew something. Had to delete the existing payroll subscription service key and add a new one that he gave me. The key I had was not for enhanced payroll which my employeer had subscribed to and didn't even say do-it-yourself payroll (which is what my own business service name says). To see what your service name is, select the employees tab, employeer services then add/edit service. Your subscription should be active and be either do-it-yourself payroll or Enhanced payroll service if you paid for that. Call QB payroll techs 800-450-8104(free service) to check on your service key which you can see by selecting edit in the above screen. If they give you a new service key, it won't work to just add it, you have to delete the first one. I can give you directions to do it if that is what you need to do. I just reread your first msg and if all your computers have the same service key, you can check the other two and make sure it was typed in the same on the computer that won't update.
Also check the options under Update Quickbooks in the File tab to be sure you have all the updates you want to download selected.