PDA

View Full Version : Item, Description entered on Invoice don't show up on Customer Register or Statement

britsky
01-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Using QB Pro 2000

The Process:
1. Click Customers on left --> Pulls up Customer Navigator
2. Click Invoices --> Brings up Invoice data entry form
3. Fill in Invoice data & click Record --> Saves invoice

The Problem:
When I view the Customer Register, all that shows up is:
* Date
* Inv Number
* Amt Charge

In other words, it doesn't include Qty, Price, Item, or Description.

I can live with that, but it doesn't show up when I preview / print Statements either. All that shows up in description is "INV #23".

Thanks in advance for your help!
-Jeff Gannaway
__________________________________________________ __
"Grace... she travels outside of Karma"
-U2

Joey
01-07-2005, 11:19 AM
You won't see what you're looking for in the Customer's Register. Try looking at a Sales By Customer Detail Report for whatever period you want instead. It's under the Reports menu, Sales.

britsky
01-08-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm not so concerned about the customer register. I'm more concerned with the printed statements. Is there a reason the details (Qty, Item Price, Item) don't show up and the Description just states an Invoice Number instead of the actual descriptions I entered for each line o fhte invoice?

Thanks again!
-Jeff

suzannemead
01-08-2005, 08:53 AM
The only description that will show on a report is the pre-set description you enter when setting up an item. It would be imprractical, almost impossible, to enter the entire description entered on an invoice. Reports are meant to be summaries, even though some of them give you more detail. They are not meant to reporduce each transaction.

britsky
01-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks, but I'm not talking about reports, I'm talking about statements.

Even if a statement is a type of report, I do have description pre-set for each item. Also, it's not just the description that's messed up.

Quantity, Unit Price, and Item don't show up at all on the statements. Their column headings do, but not a single value.

The only time statements look like they should is when I enter sales directly into the Customer Register. When I do that, they show up as type "STMTCHG" instead of type "INVOICE".

Thanks again!
-Jeff

suzannemead
01-08-2005, 09:40 AM
I don't think you can have the descriptions as entered on the invoice show up on the statement in QB Pr 2002. I can do that with QB...2005. That may be the problem.

blithe
01-22-2005, 04:01 AM
How do you do that? I have the Premier 2005 and it still doesnt

show the items , quantity and description in the statement.

suzannemead
01-22-2005, 08:57 AM
On the window that comes up when you Create Statements are a number of options you can check off. Click on "Show Invoice Item Details" and see if that gives you what you need.

usernamed
05-10-2005, 09:37 PM
I would also like to know how to add the "unit price" column on my printed sales receipt,

Thx for any help :)

sam440
05-11-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by usernamed
I would also like to know how to add the "unit price" column on my printed sales receipt,

Thx for any help :)

From Report , choose sales by Item detail. Select the filter (only) transaction type - Sales Receipt. And don't forget to enable the display column Qty, sales Price (unit price) etc.

I think this process would help you. Let me know.

Kendor
05-11-2005, 05:16 AM
Judging by the number of users who have indicated that they would like statements to show the invoice detail, I think that this should be an option offered by QB. It is closely related to the other similarly often expressed wish for a combined statement/invoice. Users should put the suggestion to QB who may - with luck - adopt it in future versions. The web address for suggestions is: http://quickbooks.intuit.com/commerce/catalog/fragments/quickbooks/common/feedback.jhtml?priorityCode=0273400000

Ken

kenilworth
05-11-2005, 09:25 AM
A work-around is to include a summary in the memo field at the bottom left of the screen when you create the invoice, eg. "250 widgets to Kansas". This WILL show up on the statement, along with the invoice number and can be a big help to the customer - jogs their memory. It takes a bit of time, but saves us time later - less photocopying and mailing of old invoices.